Concessions/Pre Sale thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concessions/Pre Sale thoughts

Does anyone do concessions? What sells for you? We are planning a large outdoor concession area and exiting our haunt through a gift shop (great america style) and I am wondering if we are doing TOO much work?

Thoughts? What works for you guys? What do you sell that moves off your inventory fast?

Erick
    Oblivion Haunted House
    "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
    Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
    Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

We've tried all kinds of food/goods, but came back to - Keep It Simple Stupid. Stock deep on what you know will sell (fewer items). It is easier to manage your COGS and a lot easier for your staff to function fast and efficient. We want the customers to have a great experience from moment they step on the property to the second they leave, (that includes the concession area). If your haunt rocks but the line to get a coke and a dog is as long as the attraction- that's no good, your better off not having a concession stand.

We have an outdoor haunt, a hayride and a walking trail. We exit our walking trail into our concession barn, it works out pretty good. The obvious seasonal/temperature sensitive drinks (coffee/hot chocolate) do well on cold nights. Energy drinks were a huge hit (monster). We also sell a ton of hot dogs.

Good Luck
    http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/links.html

Comment

Working...
    X