Message on mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message on mirror

I would like to make an effect that makes it appear that a ghost is writing a message on a mirror or piece of glass. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I was kind of thinking maybe a peppers ghost, but I have never put a window in front of a peppers ghost effect, so I am not sure if that would kill the effect or not. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

what about doing it as a video? just frame your monitor in a mirror frame..maybe animate it, or do it as a stop motion? if you lit it right, you could just put on a black glove and write on the reversed side of a glass with dulling spray..or real fog...
    Last edited by Banshee; 06-02-2010, 09:33 PM.
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Cool idea!

Originally posted by Banshee View Post
      what about doing it as a video? just frame your monitor in a mirror frame..maybe animate it, or do it as a stop motion? if you lit it right, you could just put on a black glove and write on the reversed side of a glass with dulling spray..or real fog...
      Doing it as a video & placing a frame around it is actually a GREAT idea! I know that your place ---> Netherworld & (Larry's place) The Darkness have done this with "ordinary looking" pictures. They of course were videos.

John Elks

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net
      Last edited by newhorror2010; 06-03-2010, 11:20 AM.
      John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

I never thought about doing it as a video...does anyone recommend any kind of software to pull an effect like this off? Thanks for the help

Comment

A cheap and easy way might be to use a two-way mirror or silver window tint and on the backside, black it out all but the writing, then light it from behind and the light will show through as writing. Depending on the type of light and placement it might be pretty cool looking.

To black out he back of the two-way mirror you could use paint or I would use a thin piece of luan and route out the writing.
          Regards,
          Jeff Londos
          Monster-Tronics
          Innovators in Haunt Technologies
          www.Monster-Tronics.com
          Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Sort of like..

When we would take a penlight and "write" someone's first name on the normal looking toilet seat in the public rest room here then turn off the light , the toilet seat was a glow -in-the-dark model.
            "How did the ghosts know my name?"
            Lots of FUN!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ya do a video. But a television behind a two way mirror. Theres more to it than that but thats basically how you can do it.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
              X