What to charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to charge

Im planning on starting my own small 2 trailer haunt and epanding as i get more money. I know its a small haunt but i need to start some place . I was wandering if some one could give me an idea on what a fair admission price would be ? Also what is the average price to rent a spot in a department store parking lot ? Thanx for any info.

for a two trailor haunt I would charge $5. I think thats a fair price. Try to work out a percentage of profit with the store/complex part of the benefit for them is the new customers you will bring in.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

The easiest and most effective method is, after you've clearly established what you will be able to accomplish, determine what would you as a customer feel is appropriate?

If you went through your own house and were charged the admission price you set, would you feel the value for the money was reasonable? Of course, it may be best to enlist the help of a trusted friend, as I find that I tend to overestimate the value of my hundreds of hours of blood, sweat, and tears.
      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Comment

"$5.00!?..How about $2.50?"

"Or maybe $1.00?, let me in for free and I'll critique it for you, then again, maybe You should pay ME to do that?"
        No matter what price you charge there will always be those who feel a personal need to diminish your work and time and creativity.
        Very, very few people doing this have ever owned or built ANYTHING!
        Blink your eyes and everything will Magically be DONE! That's all it takes to them.
        To insure your success I would recommend to always try and give more than your show is felt to be worth by common consensus.
        If it is a $5 show, give them $8 worth or maybe even $10?
        Building a customer base for next year and the seasons afterward is what it should be all about, cashing in on one's own good, honest efforts will be your mainstay and your future.
        If you happen to make a profit of $40,000 the first year you MUST send me at least 2/3 of that money, because money is inherently EVIL and it will pervert and contaminate your existence .
        411 N. Carroll St.
        Mt. Carroll Ill 61053
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I would base it on the time it takes to walk through the haunt. What are the other local haunts charging? If it only takes 1-2 min to walk through make it like $2-3. yes its less but people may be more inclined to go through again. Do like a twice through pass for $1-2 dollars more. Best of luck.
          Fables Studios
          Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
          https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

I wouldn't go under $5. If it's too cheap people will think it's lame and not worth their time....

my 2 cents...

DA

Comment

What do other haunts in your area charge if everyone around gets $20 do $10 and you will make more for you pocket and still be cheaper than the others.But you have got to give them a show for that $10 length and quality.Don't limit yourself to store parking lot.There are lots of empty mills and such with big parking lots more than willing to rent cheap talk to the owners not the real estate agent fools.Also if you have room make an outside maze or a chainsaw walk add on to justify a bigger ticket price.
              Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

Thanx

Thanx for all the input on what to charge I appreciate it . It was a great help . Thanx again .

Comment

It's a little late, but we charge $8.00 a ticket, but have $3.00 off coupons on everything printed and our website. The guys who bring their dates will pay full price a lot of the time so they don't look "cheap". We figure out about how much we should be able to make on five dollar tickets, and the extra is just gravy.
                  . . . Experience the Agony

Comment

You could expand on your two trailers depending on where you are setting them up at. With the two trailers you can add an outdoor cemetary and fence it in. And then have it take you back in the second trailer. You could also add an open air maze maybe. If there is a woods near by ad a trail. Then add a hayride. You could easily make it much larger than what you just have. Two trailers is a great start. First year if you could do all this I would charge $10.00 do a coupon for sure. With a couple of bucks off. No matter what I would at least charge $8.00 with a two dollar off coupon.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

I have tried alot of things, but

At the end of a busy night when you scoop out the money from the cashbox, having gravy dripping off one's elbows is Very Unpleasant!
                      Go for cash! Forget gravy!
                      Babe's phone numbers ..maybe.
                      Let her make the gravy.
                      Probably better at it.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X