Orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando

Heading to Florida at the end of the weekend, going to be in Orlando. And I was wondering if there is any Halloween stores inthe area or haunts that will be open? Have a full week of theme Parks and water slide.

Thanks
    Andrew

From what I know, the Halloween stores that were open when I was there were only going to be open through the month of October. And there was only 2, a place just called Halloween, then Spirit Halloween. Other than that though, that was it I think. Have fun at the parks though! They are a blast!

Comment

Be sure to check out the new Harry Potter at Universals Islands Of Adventure it is now open (the grand opening is later this month) also Halloween Horror Night tickets are already on sale as are Howl-O-Scream at Bush Gardens. If you are a little snicky you could see some construction, I did that once and just walked around in one of the sound stages checking things out and then left. No one said a thing, they just assumed it was okay for me to be in there. I even posted picks on Chainsaw wolf a yahoo group and people were like how did you get those. That was pre 9/11 so you may not want to chance getting booted out of the park.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Yea the new Harry Potter thing looks awesome! What is it anyway? A rollercoaster?

Comment

It is a new Island, the old duling dragons has had a make over and is now the dragons challenge, theres shops and food courts all from the movies but the new ride uses a flying bench that takes you on a ride. I have not been there yet and will most likely go to the park this Oct. and go to Halloween Horror Nights that night. I did hear that Universal was having to pull larger people out of line for the ride because the benchs restraint system would not fit heavy people, whos going to lose their job over that screw up.lol.
          Originally posted by scarygoat View Post
          Yea the new Harry Potter thing looks awesome! What is it anyway? A rollercoaster?
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I'd call it a dark ride on steriods.

You're on a bionic arm that seats 4 people across that lifts and flips you around and you go through harry's world.

As for any haunts, nothing ever since Skull Kingdom was torn down, there was another haunt downtown but it didnt last long and closed I want to say 3 years ago.

I'd say the closest you'll get is the Haunted Mansion at Disney World.

Comment

The Grim House in Old Town was a fun little haunt to go through...
              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I went through the Grimm House at Old town last year, its got a really cool facade, as far as the haunt, its ok, definitly not scary, but there are a couple decent scenic setups, but the rest is just pretty plain. One scare actor (a girl when i was there) running through the halls to get to the next scare position
                Shawn
                Fear Engineer
                HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

made it

Well my family and I flew out of St. Louis and landed in Orlando. My son was honored a make a wish deal since he has medical issues.

What makes this a great trip is that there is such a wonderful man Kurt Warner who brought 10 families down to stay a week at give kids the world resort.

This evening we all went to Epcot had dinner with Kurt and his family took pictures then went to watch a amazing fireworks show with laser and music. What a show!!!

In the morning we all meet his family and him at the animal kingdom park for a fun filled day.

I'll give an update on what we did.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                  X