Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions to make lighting easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions to make lighting easier?

Hi guys, we came up with these LED spotlights this year to hopefully make lighting your haunt/project up a lot easier --- we'd like to know what everyone thinks about these spotlights and if they could offer some suggestions to make our products even better.

Here's a current list of features:
    - 3 models: short range spotlight, wash light, hi-power spotlight
    - dual-polarity 12V (doesn't matter which wire is + and which is -, lights up either way)
    - plug and play (swap between colors and models without cutting your wires)
    - water resistant (can be used outdoors)
    - 7 colors: red, green, blue, amber, white, warm white, and ultraviolet
    - 25,000 hour life rating
    - drop proof
    - adjustable mounts
    - vibration damper (light won't change direction due to vibration from wall)

Precision X: close range spot

Precision Y: wash light

Precision Z: high power spot

Last edited by thrilltainment; 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM.
    sigpic
    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

sigpic

Comment

Does each individual power pack have the ability to light more than one LED? I'm considering buying 2 or 3 lights. Of course it does! I see that now watching the video. I guess the question I need to ask then is how many of those connector things do I get per order or is that considered an accessory piece?
      Last edited by newhorror2010; 06-18-2010, 12:28 PM.
      John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

One thing I have seen thats missing from led lighting thats easy to add is a pot switch to adjust brightness . Ive done a few and even though it makes it more bulky the switch adds the open to make it dimmer or brighter and can be added to any led light. Any thoughts to anyone adding a variable switch???
        The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by newhorror2010 View Post
          Does each individual power pack have the ability to light more than one LED? I'm considering buying 2 or 3 lights. Of course it does! I see that now watching the video. I guess the question I need to ask then is how many of those connector things do I get per order or is that considered an accessory piece?
          one powerpak can power up to 120 or so of the X, or 75 of the Y, or about 7 of the Zs. each light comes with it's own darklight cable, which has two bare wires at the end. you can us your own methods of connecting the lights from there or use our accessory snap on connectors.
          sigpic

Comment

Led system w dimmer switch

http://issuu.com/damonwilde/docs/201...roductscatalog

scareproducts has a great led system too. See pgs 26-27 they have a dimmer switch. I use their mini spotlights and they are awesome. Very easy to use.
            sigpic
            Damon Wilde
            www.damonwilde.com
            www.theboneyardfl.com

Comment

Originally posted by PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX View Post
              One thing I have seen thats missing from led lighting thats easy to add is a pot switch to adjust brightness . Ive done a few and even though it makes it more bulky the switch adds the open to make it dimmer or brighter and can be added to any led light. Any thoughts to anyone adding a variable switch???
              we are developing LED dimmers roughly the size of a quarter (which should be able to handle multiple lights). currently, our precision X and Y lights are compatible with PWM dimmers found from other companies.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by damon wilde View Post
                http://issuu.com/damonwilde/docs/201...roductscatalog

scareproducts has a great led system too. See pgs 26-27 they have a dimmer switch. I use their mini spotlights and they are awesome. Very easy to use.
                the improvement we've made over these products are the following:
                -dual polarity (trouble free wiring)
                -swappable colors/models w/o cutting wires
                -water resistance
                -rugged enclosure
                -vibration damped adjustment

we also feature a TestPak, which allows you to test where you want to place your light (what color, and what position) before you hardwire it, this is a HUGE time saver. you don't have to drag a wire with you.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thrilltainment View Post
                  one powerpak can power up to 120 or so of the X, or 75 of the Y, or about 7 of the Zs. each light comes with it's own darklight cable, which has two bare wires at the end. you can us your own methods of connecting the lights from there or use our accessory snap on connectors.
                  Thank you, I'm gonna order now.
                  John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

Ultraviolet 1W LED: Precision Z

Some of you PM'd about ultraviolet, so here are a couple more reference photos all taken under the same exposure and ISO settings:

prop under standard fluorescent lighting, camera 5ft away from prop

Precision Z UV at pointed 1ft away from object

Precision Z UV at pointed 2ft away from object

Precision Z UV at pointed 5ft away from object

More reference photos can be found here: http://www.e5design.com/darklight
                    Last edited by thrilltainment; 06-19-2010, 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling
                    sigpic

Comment

Green Wash (Precision Y)

White Wash (Precision Y)

Blue Hi-Power Spot (Precision Z)

Ultraviolet Hi-Power Spot (Precision Z)
                      sigpic

Comment

some photos from Shanghai Nightmare 2010

we've put our own products into action. Darklight was created spring 2010 and here it is being used for the first time in our own haunted house in Shanghai, China:

if you can't see the lights... that's the point. the lights are unobtrusive yet gives out great colors =)
                        sigpic

Comment

Does your UV LED work with invisible UV paint (Specifically these paints http://www.blacklightworld.com/Invisible%20Paints.htm)? We've done numerous projects involving invisible UV paint and haven't found any LEDs that will light it (while normal fluorescent bulbs light it just fine)
                          Katie Lane
                          Partner/VP
                          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

It dosen't Katie. I have 1 uv in each size from them. Sorry.
                            Brian Warner
                            Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                            Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                            Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Dimming LED lights

Ours have a pot inside that allow for brightness adjustment per light fixture:

Dimming Micro LED spotlights

More LED lights
                              www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                              [Google+] [YouTube]
                              [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X