Sceance DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sceance DVD

I'm sure you've all seen the Big ScreamTV videos that can be projected onto plexi to give the crystal ball illusion. I'm looking for a similar DVD, only with much scarier characters. I don't have the technical expertise or equipment to create my own. I keep thinking that someone is going to introduce such a product and I believe it would be really well received in the haunted attraction community. Does anyone know of anything like this or want to give us a quote on developing something like this for us? The effect we're going for is something similar to Madame Leota from the Disney Haunted Mansion. Thanks for any assistance or direction!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Kel, your so right about those Big scream TV videos, they are not very scary. I would love to have a video gag like that but a lot more frighting, I know Larry does cgi in his haunted house maybe he could make something up and add it to his online store?
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Hey Kel

Give me with more details of what your looking for.
      Maybe I can put some together.

You can PM if you like.
      Gary
      Midnight Evil Productions
      www.MidnightEvil.com
      Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
      www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Hey Gary, I hope you got my reply to your PM. I was also remembering that, I believe it was Scare Factory, or someone else at TW last year had a sceance table with an animated head in a crystal ball. I've been trying to go to the Scare Factory web site, but it appears to be down. Anyone remember the product I'm talking about? It may have even come with a floating table??? Thanks!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

If we are thinking of the same floating table...that was an actual prop head in the ball. It was just a pneumatic deal, no cgi. SomethingsInTheIce is right, however. Larry does do some cgi in The Darkness and he might be able to direct you to someone who could help you develop something. Good luck.
          Kip Polley
          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
          We Engineer Fear

Comment

Thanks Kip and SITI! I did also shoot an email to Larry. I have a feeling he's as crazy busy as I am and it may be too late in the season to hope he can come up with something this year. Then again, maybe he'll save the day! :wink:

Kel
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I agree guyz!

That Big Scream TV wuz a great concept but the videoz they made were so lame & cutzie crappy. Not for a real haunt.
              I imported some of them into my video editing program and did a new voice over and that can kinda work but you get the Godzilla moovee effect of the lipz not matching the sound.
              Making yur own from scratch would be kinda hard. You need total black masking around the object & that can be tough. Takes more space than I have here. The black background needs to be set back from the subject so as not to get lit by yur scene lightz.
              If I had a studio I would try to make some.
              Good luck!

Comment

Hey Kel

I did get your first PM
                But I did not get a reply to the PM I sent you.
                Wasn't sure if you got my reply so I sent it again
                through your website.

You can email me at Gary@midnightevil.com
                Gary
                www.MidnightEvil.com

Comment

"Lame, Cutesie and Crappy?"
                  "Not for a real haunt?"
                  Wouldn't a "Real Haunt" be a house that's really haunted by spirits of the dead? The trully dead? The trully unpredictable dead?
                  I have found that is very difficult to count upon those really dead guys to put on a performance when I want them too (after the customers have all paid for their tickets)
                  Better not find any polka-dot rooms or masks or strobe lights in a "Real Haunted House, I guess? hahahah!
                  "Lame, Cutesie and Crappy" might just be made for use in a haunt set up for small children, and it might be scary to them?
                  Wanna see real "Scary"? See a small child who wants to inflict physical, bodilly and possibly fatal harm upon another human being for little or no reason, there is a very terrifying creature in my opinion, I have seen one of these in my house and it was very unsettling.
                  Maybe this boy had had alittle too much "Scary" halloween stuff and it made him numb enough to do-in someone?
                  Very Scary!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

OK Jim...
                    You know what I mean. You're right, theeze would be great for a kiddie haunt but most of the haunterz here are talkin bout a real, adult haunt.
                    You ever seen thoze DVDz? I'll try to post some to my video host & post a link for ya. Then you'll see some real cheeeezzzeeee bro.

Comment

Afternoon tours specializing in small kids can make money and sometimes it is alot easier to make these dollars than putting up with the roudy drunkies later that night.
                      Half a beer and the average 4year-old is out! No problem then.
                      They only get half a beer because they spill the rest of it.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Kel

I picked a copy of "big SCREAM TV Living Crystal Ball Illusions".
                        Wow .... that's definitely for little TOTer's and not for a haunt.

I'm scheduled to be in the studio shooting my green screen FX for
                        my move "Reflections, the Sins of Bloody Mary" on Thursday.

I can shoot some footage for a "Crystal Ball Illusion DVD" at the same time.
                        This will keep the DVD cost low. I will stat writing some dialog. I think I will do a
                        30, 45 and a 60 second spot, than loop it with a 30 second delay.

Kel, if you or anyone else have some dialog that think the fortune teller should
                        say, just email it to me or post it here. Remember everyone, this must be your own work, not
                        copyrighted work of others.

This should be a fun little project. :lol:
                        Gary
                        www.MidnightEvil.com

Comment

I love the script used for Madame Leota in the Disney Haunted Mansion:

Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat,
                          Call in the spirits, wherever they're at.

Rap on a table, it's time to respond,
                          Send us a message from somewhere beyond.

Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween,
                          Awaken the spirits with your tambourine.

Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond,
                          Let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and witches wherever you dwell,
                          Give us a hint by ringing a bell.

I know that can't be used, but maybe it can inspired the poetically inclined on this forum. :wink:

Kel
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Hey Kel,
                            I love the leota speach too, I also like the Phantom manor one.

I created an encantation using ideas from the two disney ones and set it to a script that fits any haunted house. Basically you enter the room the spirit in the ball releases the spirits into the house.

Spirit in Ball:" Welcome, welcome, well … come in!
                            It appears that you are just in time to join me in a séance. Please stay calm as I attempt to establish contact.

(starts out calm)

Spirits and Phantoms hear us now call
                            Your presence is wanted, come one come all.

(Escalates)

Hemlock and Nightshade, death of a mortal,
                            open the gate to the vast spirit portal.

(Now demonic)

May the spirits drawing nigh
                            Awake the dead and shortly die! Ahahahahahahahaha!

(flashing or special effects then fades back to the normal head)

Oh dear, it appears the door to the spirit world has been opened.
                            The spirits released know you are here and won’t return to their world until they take you with them to,
                            THE OTHER SIDE

Escape this house to close the portal , or, become one of them!"

What do you think?
                            Thanks,
                            PH
                            www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Maybe the house I live in and have my haunt in was haunted before the woman and her daughters had a seance in the downstairs east bedroom in 1970?
                              They said "Something scary" happened , they put the Oui-Ja board away. TOO LATE!
                              After that whenever someone would fall asleep in that bedroom a voice would call their name and wake them up.
                              This is the same part of the house in which my ex heard her name being called numerous times.
                              Incantations, oui-ja boards, seances, sometimes we get what we ask for, illreguardless of what we can really handle or make good use of.......
                              People coming in my door sometimes express a desire to "see a ghost"! Then later when the possible opportunity seems to be about to present itself they chicken and whine and beg for it not to happen!
                              Such things are not predictable.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X