HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Need help with making radio needle move

1. Default Need help with making radio needle move 
    Glastonbury, CT
    Hi there, so I'm trying to make an old 50's radio tuner needle to pan sporadically but looped to run continuously. I included a picture of the radio. The radio is gonna be part of my costume, running off a car battery for leds, audio and the motor for the needle. My question is where can I get a cheap controller and servo and how can I program it to achieve this effect. I have ZERO experience when it comes to controllers so I am looking for something easy to program and setup also would be great if someone could step me thorough this if possible.

Thank You!

2. Default  
    Mesquite, TX
    What you want to do is actually super easy.
    I recommend you get in contact with EFX tech
    Go with a prop 1 controller and a servo from
    They can walk you through it and most ikely help you with/do the programming on the controller.
    Allen H

3. Default  
    If you've got more money to throw around ($109 plus shipping), servocity also has this servo recorder. Using it is as simple as
    1. Push slider to "Record"
    2. Twist knob back and forth for a while
    3. Push slider to "Loop"

Then it'll continuously loop whatever you did in step 2, for up to 4 servos.

Thread Information