TransWorld Info You May Want To Know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransWorld Info You May Want To Know.

Ok guys and gals I talked with Jen on a phone conference with some others this past Friday on some things that will be going on for us Haunters me, Tim, Rich and some others had a nice productive phone conference with Jen and I will have more to come on that later.

Ok there was mention that the rooms at the Renaissance Grand Hotel was booking up fast me and Jen talked about that and thats just a RUMOR and is not so. As a matter of fact she has even doubled her block of rooms for 2010 just for the Haunters the Renaissance Grand is still the host hotel for the Haunt Show only and not the Halloween part there will be some there but more will be in other hotels in the city.

I will still have my party at the Renaissance Grand this year however I will move it to Thursday night instead of Wednesday so more of my vendor friends can attend also I got some Halloween Show guys donating prizes too so more to give away. I learned alot this past March I was happy over all with the party but will change a few things and spice it up a bit more but you got to start somewhere. Also on that note I would accept some added help this year so if you want to be apart of helping me then let me know! Jen will have a bowling party on Thursday from 5 to 7 give or take 30 min then my party will kick off at the Hotel at 7:30 with a night of food, drinking and giveaways and we will be moving to a bigger room as well! I am open to suggestions too so feel free to ask away as this is YOUR Haunt show party! Shane and its more to come but the rooms are all still in good shape! Shane this time!!
    sigpic

How bout an open bar with cost of admission this time.? I mean it only went to midnight last time anyway right? Just asking. Its a thought. I know it might have some drawbacks. Tater for one! LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Damon

I will look into that. I do know it adds around $25.00 per ticket good for those who do drink but not good for those who don't. I am not sure if there is a way to do one with and one without with the hotel. I will research it and see what I can do. Shane and it's Thanks for the feedback! Shane this time!
      Last edited by graystone; 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Also with a open bar comes liable, someone gets drunk and does something stupid the lawyers will go after the deep pockets. A lot of companys that throw christmas partys ect. will not have a open bar for fear of being sued or they will have like two drink tickets and then if you want more it's on you and not them. I'm not trying to start anything here just pointing it out, (Looking out for ya Shane)
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Shane,

I'd love to help you out... let me know what I can do. If you want to talk directly my email is jim@haunt2013.com

J
          Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
          Haunt 2013, LLC
          and
          The House of Boo
          Dallas, TX
          www.haunt2013.com
          www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

Hey Shane, I'm in. I have booked my room at the Renn and I am ready to party. What ever you need me to do I'm there. Just let me know. Anything to help Haunters!!!
            http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Couple more things you might want to know... LOL

We are working on doing a third haunt here in St. Louis. If we do we'll do some sort of tour of the new attraction and some sort of tour of Darkness but it won't be with actors. I've found that to be too much work.

I'm slowing down! LOL

We would not to some total renovation again of Darkness... no way. However we will build the scenes we planned on building that we did not have time to build or complete for next years tradeshow. It would simply be another tour where you could walk through and see everything including whatever new scenes we build.

Then we'd offer a tour of the new attractions maybe with maybe without actors... don't know.

More on that to come later. I only like doing things first class, and last year doing things first class cost me upwards of $350,000.00 so I doubt I can do that again. So we'll see what happens and I'll let everyone know after Halloween what we will or won't do.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Looking forward to it. Last year was a blast! And you all did an amazing job on the Darkness. Did you ever post the video footage of the tour last year that was filmed? Just wondering if you havent if you still could.
                Thanks,
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Shane, here's an idea: Why not do drink tickets available at discount at the door on well drinks for a set discount price. Or better yet, give two drink tickets (like Ken did) included and others can be purchased at discount? Then it would give some a discount they are looking for and the bar can still make their money on top shelf if we want to pay for it. Two drinks should not get anyone out of hand. Just my two cents. If you need help with the party, I LOVE setting things like this up. Let me know.

Comment

Spookhaven is right. I think any discount at all is great and would help. Two free drink tickets and discounts on extra drinks would work. Most if not all the attendees are in walking distance to the hotel or staying at the hotel. So there should'nt be as high a risk. I wouldnt think. Another cool idea would be a foam machine. Ha ha! Im good at putting parties together as well. Just ask me Im full of ideas.
                    Damon
                    P.S. You could always do a kegger! And the bar could make up virgin halloween drinks for the people who prefer not to drink. Man I would love to put that together! Hell I may stay sober and just drink those. There are alot of cool drinks you can put together. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
                    Last edited by damon carson; 06-23-2010, 01:27 PM.
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                    X