Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Suggestions for rooms fitting a wolfman theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Suggestions for rooms fitting a wolfman theme?

We're about 1/2 way through our new side attraction for 2010 that is a "wolfman" theme. Any suggestions on some rooms, themes fitting the wolfman genre?

"Cages", I would say, "Cages"!

Otherwise known now as Wolfman cool-down rooms.
    A table with a bunch of old razors laid around on it.
    Those sticky hair-rollers gobbed full of long, nasty, wild hair!
    Don't forget the deep scratches al up and down the trim alongside the doors.
    Empty dog food bags all over too.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

1 An old school transformation chamber would be cool
      2 forest set of course
      3 asylum set (with lycanthropy info and pics pinned to a cork board)
      4 A lab where a "cure" is being developed (wolves bane being refined, Silver nitrate ready to inject)
      5 perhaps a werewolf body mid dissection alla Underworld
      6 Do a small transformation chamber where a severed arm changes and right in front of them
      7 A trophy room with big game heads to show that even when he is a man he is still a hunter
      A camp site that is trashed the classic four slashes in the tent
      8 A set of foot prints that as they are followed turn from wolf to man or vise versa (could be a detail worked into any set)
      9 Grandmas house set with little red riding hoods hood and basket on the floor, blood spatters every where, and a big bed thet the werewolf pops out of.
      10 a witchs hut/ sanctum where the right of transformation takes place, could be a killer set (black candles cerimonial dagger, chalk pentagram outline, the whole nine yards) in medieval times werewollves would put on a wolfskin belt or cover them selves in a salve made from all kinds of nasty stuff including babies fat, also all werewolves got their power by making a deal with the devil.
      11 a medieval courtroom where a man is on trial for being a werewolf
      I have some kick ass books about werewolves if you want to borrow them (remember I own a monster museum)
      how is that for starters?
      Im using none of these in my show this year aside from the forrest set.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I dig Allen's ideas that play up the transformation theme. You see a lot more wolfmen/wolfmonsters than actual transformations - and that's such a huge part of werewolf horror. It's pure body horror (click for details).

I was thinking of one effect, which is used all over the place for transformations, or for switches between actors and stunt doubles:

As the guests enter a room, a guy is in the throes of a tranformation, his body expanding grotesquely in odd places, blistering flesh, screaming agony, asking the guests to help him or end his misery. This is the body horror. The guy falls behind a barrier (like the aforementioned camp tent, or gurney in a lab, or pedestal in a cultish room) and a werewolf springs out at them from where the guy had fallen - another actor, of course. This is the scare, which should be set up well by the creepiness from before.
        Last edited by derekatronic; 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I like the trashed campsite with a tent shredded up and maybe some multilated bodies.

What is up Dr. Spook? What it be like my brotha?!?
          Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

Comment

A cemetary by or within the woods. Remember to have a large full moon that shows up in the background. Low lying fog. Anything to make it look creepy!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

maybe some graduation pictures from the late 1960s?
              All that hair spells werewolf!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

All great ideas, thanks everyone. Still welcoming more ideas on wolfman themeing.

Comment

I liked the red riding hood idea
                  The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

Check with Kyle from splatterFX, he is sculpting some amazing werewolf stuff!
                    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Doing an asylum room with an actor in the changing into werewolf process, a lab room, woods and cemetery scene, cave room, london city streets scene, campground scene, and of course, a little red riding hood scene, plus more. For a side attraction, it should turn out real good.

Comment

Working...
                      X