Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some ideas for kid-friendly "haunt"

Hi!

If anyone has an idea or two for kid activities and attractions, I'd appreciate you sharing.

Pumpking decorating, corn/haybale maze, face-painting etc are the basics.... what I need is a few new, proven ideas for FAMILIES with children for the kid-friendly part of my attraction.

Thanks in advance.

NYB

Have a scarecrow making contest.
    Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

get small pumpkins to color with markers, they love it. Set blow ups around, and get pool, bury bones and let them dig them up. Kids are entertained while adults go through our haunt. We charge 5.00 to watch the kids.

Comment

Now, how'd THAT happen?

Just realized I'm in the wrong catagory with this post...but thanks for the input. Great ideas!

Comment

How about a daylight- no actors tour of the "adult" section of the tour? Show them the hunt, makeup area, costumes and such.
          ~WelchWitch

Comment

We've installed "family friendly" 3D attractions for haunts (which were open in the day) that have proven to be very popular with kids.

"Friendly monster" tours of the haunt with more lights on and a few actors in "cute" Halloween makeup.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Originally posted by WelchWitch View Post
              How about a daylight- no actors tour of the "adult" section of the tour? Show them the hunt, makeup area, costumes and such.
              Our first few wagons of the night are the "non scary" wagons. No actors or moving props.
              Seems to work fine for the kid friendly folks until you do a groups like cub scouts and the brave souls unload saying - "that sucked, wasn't scary at all".
              http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/links.html

Comment

Working...
              X