Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with this costume (kind of off topic, but you're my people!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with this costume (kind of off topic, but you're my people!)

Well ya'll you're my people, so I'm coming to you for help on this one. Not only am I a haunter, but I am also a professional wrestler. My current, gimmick is that of a "modern/false" prophet. It's a religious zealot in a punk style. I'm thinking doing entrance gear that's pure white and traditional, then ripping it off to reveal black punk/cult ring gear. This "dark" character is right up your guys alley. Any suggestions? Thanks for bareing with me on this, I know its not neccessarily Haunt related!

I like the idea of the traditional robe on top (either white or a solid color, something in the vein of the members of The Polyphonic Spree), with a sash, and perhaps sunglasses (as a reference towards Jim Jones).

For the punk look underneath, maybe something with tattered leather that looks almost post apocalyptic punk prophet.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Your under garment might go the route of straps with the tails of squealing mice clipped to it, about maybe 50 mice would get everyone's attention.
      Especially effective when you look down at them and say:"All right, where did the rest of you guys go?'
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Have you seen the new Pinhead design? Its very "Churchy" in costume and still very gothic and punk rock at the same time.
        A crown of thorns comes to mind as that could bridge the two costuming worlds. I think very simple robes would work on the outside, maybe a street corner sign that you could hit people with (like some folks use chairs in wrestling). The sign could simply say "the end is near", or "Repent" in Big unprofessional looking letters.
        Make a leather vest out of leather bible covers (that could almost look like armor)
        You could wear a spike collar that has a space and the white band on it like its a priests collar.

Some of this is borderline sacrilegious so be careful, attitude is everything with this as is intent. I play a monster hunter at a ren faire and often i have to incorporate holiness into what I do with out
        offending (in Texas). So I have walked that line before.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

these are some great ideas, really got my creative juices flowing. Muchos gracias friends!

Comment

Working...
          X