Zombie Theme Ideas????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Theme Ideas????

So this year we are re-theming our Asylum to be over run by zombies - we invested in some great costumes and props, but now comes the rooms......and im drawing a blank???? I have come up with 5-6 rooms and thats it.

So if there is anyone out there that has done the Zombie theme that wants to share some of their room ideas that would be great!!!

So any ideas????

The great thing about zombies is that they used to be people, so you will find them anywhere there are people.
    think of scary places people work, then put the guests there after the zombie event happens. Think of zombies in a steel foundry, or zombies in a cafeteria, or zombies in a saw mill, find a scary place then add zombies.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

maybe you want to play off how they became zombies

as a result of an experiment?
      - a lab that is destroyed
      - cages with victims in them

nuclear waste/radiation?
      - nuclear waste holding facility with glow in the dark toxic goo
      - nuclear reactor
      - waste storage facility with barrels of chemicals, leaking maybe. you can have water dripping over head. or the wall of barrels can almost fall on them.

maybe you can have a room where you have some officials (cops/military) that are blocking the way, and then all of a sudden the zombies break through the barricade

Comment

Well we are keeping the overall Asylum look - So I guess what im looking for is scare ideas for zombies - I don't want to just redo the same scares we have had while using zombies instead of patients.

So I guess I need "Zombie" scare ideas......we have some good ideas but then I start looping back and rehashing the same old scares we have used before.....just need some fresh ideas for scares.

I have been doing haunts for almost 18 years now and have found that I re use so many of the same rooms without realizing it.

Comment

Zombie attacking helpless patient restrained in straight jacket.

Patient with mouth wired shut being eaten and trying to scream but they can't

Zombie busting through wall or floor into Doctors lounge.

Patients pinning Zombies down to hospital bed and cutting head off.

Small child like patient hiding in corner, facing wall, then turns around and is actually a zombie.

Patient going psycho with gun shooting everything thinking there are zombies all around.

The crazy dude that has been halucinating about Zombies for 30 years saying "I told you so" Or lurching at the bars on his door, "I told em, I told em, Zombies were coming, they wouldn't believe me, they locked me up, now whose laughing" as he screams at a mutilated doctor on the floor. "Kept giving me drugs, said I was nuts, said I was Loony (actor skipping around room as he says this) But no, look whose crazy now, told ya so, told ya so, told ya so."

Comment

What 'type' of zombies are you using? Costumes and such?

Comment

Great ideas everyone - these ideas are along the ideas of the scares we have lined up already. We are going to have a room with a large plexiglass window, when the guests walk by they will see a "lab worker" standing over a table with a corpse on it - the actor will trigger a fog machine that will cloud over the window - at that moment the corpse will get up and slam up against the window

We also have a bunch of 55 gallon drums we are going to deck out, and we have made one into a zombie pop up.

We have built a zombie walker - much like the scarefactory ones, the ones with no legs that are attached to the walkers that lurch back and forth.

We plan on having a boarded up section that zombies can break through - then reset.

We will have the old standby autopsy room.

We plan on having a "kitchen/butcher" room with parts and pieces everywhere with possibly a false refrigerator that a zombie can burst from.

We even have a very creative artist building us a wicked looking zombie pig costume that will stand almost 7 feet tall.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spookywoods fx - We had about 10 varieties of zombie masks, and some chest and back pieces donated, we also use foam latex facial appliances and then buy and distress our own suits and costumes. We would love to use a few of your costumes but unfortunately they are out of our price range as we donate a good portion of what we make to breast cancer research - and what we dont donate goes into rent and insurance - So everything else comes out of my personal pocket <we do it all for the love of haunting> but maybe someday we will get to snag one

Comment

Working...
              X