Prosthetic Mask Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosthetic Mask Question

I recently saw information on prepping a foam latex prosthetic before and after applying makeup to seal the makeup and keep the prosthetic from smearing through the haunt season. I can't remember if this was a product that is applied to the prosthetic before and after applying makeup. Does anyone have any insights on this? Thanks for your help!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Prosthetic paint

In the beginning, I use to use RMG (rubber mask Grease paint) since it didn't soak into the foam and flake off like other make-up. Eventually I went the route of using a 50/50 mix of pros-aide and acrylic paint. You may have to powder the prosthetic once painted, since the pros-aide remains a bit tacky. Once you're finished though, the makeup is set, and I've never had to do any touch ups. I've been going that route for years on all my prosthetics.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy
    c/o Hauntatorium Studios
    Last edited by effekz; 06-29-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Kelly,

You can go this same route with many other makeups and paints (Mixing with Prosthetic Adhesive aka Pros-Aid). It is often called PAX...you can get all sorts of "recipes" for it if you Google it. Great for general makeup too. Stays on better than most makeups.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Thanks for the tips and suggestions Jeremy and Mike! I appreciate the insights!

Kel
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I have had success with Mehron Barrier Sealer Spray. It's pretty cheap and does the job. Works great for spraying face paint jobs, too if you have actors who sweat a lot
          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
          X