Minions Web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minions Web

Has anyone received their orders from them? I was told at Transworld that it would be in my hands by Mid June and needless to say...my hands are empty.

Placed calls and emails to them and heard nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has had a different experience with them.
    "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
    Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
    Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

what about

the customer service? Boy, that worries ya.........

Comment

Ive ordered from them the past 4 years and my order usually arrives around August. Hang tight. Corey's an honest guy!

Comment

Originally posted by skullman79 View Post
        Ive ordered from them the past 4 years and my order usually arrives around August. Hang tight. Corey's an honest guy!
        If he's an honest guy - why did he tell me MID JUNE?

Erick James Gyrion
        Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

He is in the middle of moving his shop (and home) from Cleveland to New Jersey I believe. That might be part of the delay. Like everyone said he is a great vendor...I'm sure its just a short delay due to all the craziness. I bought a webber from him a couple years back, he invited me to his home to pick it up because we were in a time crunch, and then he came out to the attraction I bought it for just to give me tips on how to use it, and show me some of his other new "toys" at the time. Again definitely not someone that is gonna stiff ya.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Originally posted by jakprintsHAUNT View Post
            He is in the middle of moving his shop (and home) from Cleveland to New Jersey I believe. That might be part of the delay. Like everyone said he is a great vendor...I'm sure its just a short delay due to all the craziness. I bought a webber from him a couple years back, he invited me to his home to pick it up because we were in a time crunch, and then he came out to the attraction I bought it for just to give me tips on how to use it, and show me some of his other new "toys" at the time. Again definitely not someone that is gonna stiff ya.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            Awesome. Well that would explain a delay. Thanks Mike! I will most likely be contacting you soon regarding some stickers!

Erick James Gyrion
            Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/

Corey has been posting updates as to the status of his move at the top of the above website. I think he planned to be set up and going already, I think he ran into some unforseen problems. He won't let you down.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Can you all just shoot me now, but gadget gets dibs on the corpse.

Updates are few and far between on the web store.
                You get nearly daily updates and a better idea of the defecation impacting the rotating oscillator if you follow Minions Web on facebook.

I will tell you all, if you own a halloween product manufacturing business and have been in a location for 10+ years, burn the place to the ground rather than move it from on state to another.

As we told people at shows, we knew we were moving, and best case scenario was that items (guns, maybe cannons) on the outside chance, could ship by end of June but do not expect until end of July.
                I do not know why anyone decided we could ship completed orders in June this year.
                We certainly werent telling anyone to expect items until late July and early mid August.
                June would be a pipe dream.

Any bulbs or led lights will not ship until mid to late August simply due to our factory having to deal with out huge increase in the bulbs and led fixtures being produced for us this year.

At show time we had no idea which city and hadn't even looked at a house/workshop yet.
                NJ aint cheap, real estate is 6x what it was in OH. and we do not expect our old place to sell for 1-2 years.
                So we had to buy a place with a lot less than we wanted to in a hurry.

I was told I was going to have all sorts of help from friends and family.
                Yeah sure.

I was told we would have possession on time
                Yeah sure.
                Once in:
                It took 4 days to gut the shop
                It took 5 days to trace the wiring, and rip out all sorts of dead or redundant legs.
                2 days to repaint it

I was told the contents of shop and house would be there by the 15th of June
                Yeah sure - showed up this past Monday.

I have been back to Ohio 3x since june 1 dealing with packing and the old place.

So as far as customer service, yes since Chicago show (retail show) it has sucked.
                I have not been sitting still long enough to catch up with email or phones (which is in a complete state of disarray) to make dents in the queue.
                I was around 8 days a month - roughly 4 after every 10 days - since then until June.
                I have been in one place a week at a time this month, ohio, then jersey, then ohio, and now back in jersey...and finally getting to emails and phone calls again.
                Time to climb back up the hill....

We should have inventory shelves and shipping station constructed by EoD Friday.

Still to go:
                2 days left to lay in inventory area and shipping staion lighting and electrical.
                1 day to sort thru 135 boxes, some to inventory the rest is workshop, shipping and stuff.
                Then I start "ready to go" shipping

Any how we are working our asses off here to get to the point, that we can work our asses off for you all, and get your merchandise out asap.
                In the meanwhile Jasmine is to start entering orders into our online system, and processing deposits tonight.
                With that in place we can get the raw materials here now that we have a place to put them.
                There was no sense ordering them in before the move to pack up and then pay for themn to be moved to NJ.....

to continue....
                2 days to construct 24' of workbench with parts wall and on demand component storage
                2 days to lay in another 100 amp sub panel for the 220 gear in the workshop and the feeder stabs
                1 day to go pick up and get new table saw into shop (no walk out yet!)
                2 days to lay in another 100 amp sub panel and 70' of #8 to the garage for the compressor/sand blaster/exhaust system/spray booth/AC and that wiring. (that gets ripped out next year when we put in 30x50 pole building - oh f-ing happy joy!)
                2 days for compressed air line trench to shop, trunk line and stabs throughout the workshop
                2 days to install the dust collection system.
                Somewhere in those days after the work bench is made we should start production

5 days to cut hole in wall and add 60" wide walk out.
                2 days to add assorted electrical stabs around work shop
                1 day for casting area exhaust system
                add another 5 days to get tools in place

I am sure I have forgotten oodles.
                And of course there is plenty to do around the house, like unpack, install the phone system, get the office unpacked, hook up the washer, put up shower curtain rods......

We are working towards getting back up and running, in another month we should be in a pretty decent position.
                By then Eric will be coming from Ohio to help for 3 months so we can get a jump on the balance of the season.

Remember for the most part, this is a one man show.
                Especially since my shop apes live in Ohio, not NJ!
                (yeah I am hiring, but I am a pissy boss)
                Thanks for continuing to be patient!

Corey - harried and grumpy
                Last edited by GoryCorey; 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM.
                GoryCorey
                See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

Corey,
                  thanks for taking the time to post here so that everyone understands you also have a personal life. NOT that you really do. But you are human like the rest of us.
                  Well, maybe not. But you try. Right?
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Even though Corey has already posted, I will reiterate what has already been said. Minions Web is one haunt vendor I would have no worries about in terms of getting what you ordered!

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
                      Corey,
                      thanks for taking the time to post here so that everyone understands you also have a personal life. NOT that you really do. But you are human like the rest of us.
                      Well, maybe not. But you try. Right?
                      What is a personal life?
                      GoryCorey
                      See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

I know!
                        You don't know when to turn the shop lights off either.

Do you sell candles that burn at both ends?
                        Isn't that the cliche of your life?
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com
                        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X