Blood, blood and more blood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood, blood and more blood!

Need some veteran advice here. What kind of blood is the best for painting onto props that when it dries, it still looks wet and glossy?

And what kind of blood is best to use if you're going to splatter the floor and want to clean it up later?
    http://www.hauntedozarks.com

Kips (Pale Night) Perma Blood is freaking fantastic! for the props....not sure about the floor
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Thanks! I'll go check them out.
      http://www.hauntedozarks.com

Comment

Yep I agree palenights blood is the best. I plan on completely redoing all my blood over the next few seasons with palenights perma blood
        The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

You guys took the words right out of my mouth.

Seriously though, our blood is intended for a permanent application on walls, props, etc. If you're looking for something you can clean up later, this is NOT for you...but for everything else it'll do the trick. Thanks.
          Kip Polley
          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
          We Engineer Fear

Comment

How does it hold up storage wise? I've been contemplating on getting a gallon or two but don't want it to dry up or harden if I don't use it all.
            Zach Wiechmann
            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Honestly Kip I love the stuff. I admit I was a skeptic at first but have been won over. I would go into hock upto my ears if I tried to replace all my already painted blood this yr so im doing a little here and there. Considering for yrs I used the hell outta red paint which I was getting for free I have a lot to repaint.
              The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

I've used theatrical blood from Morris on my bone prop and it held up rather well.

This photo was taken on the last night of the 2008 season. I coated the bone on the first night...
                http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

We have used Kips Perma Blood all over our new haunt. I wouldn't use anything else. That stuff is freaking amazing. Everyone always things its wet when they stop by to see what we have been working on.
                  "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                  Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                  Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Can Perma Blood be tinted ??

Ive been wondering if Perma Blood can be tinted....

I like a much darker blood - candy apple to a dark blackish color. Wonder what can be used to "tint"
                    the Perma Blood batch ?
                    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                    www.maliciousstudios.com
                    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I will reiterate that Perma Blood is amazing...also flexible and usable on masks.

For the floor by clean up later do you mean later in night or season? If it can be "wet and later in the night is your cleanup, do a search for Dick Smith's Recipe...I believe one of the ingredients is an ounce of ivory soap...which would help facilitate the cleanup...though its tough with the red dyes and colorings..they like to stain anything porous...and sometimes non-porous. Test a small batch before assuming.

If you want it to stick some...try mixing a bit of permablood or coloring with some clear latex or latex paint base, or over top a coat of latex...most latex will peel off many materials like cement as long as there are no fibers locking it on. I have had similar luck with a mixture of latex paint base, acrylic, and permawet from monster makers.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Thanks for all the nice words, guys. I appreciate it. okay, let's rapid fire here...

- Yes, it can be tinted using dry powder pigments or concentrated liquid dyes. A little will likely go a long way so be conservative when you start out. Honestly, food dye is probably a great and cheap way to alter the color.

- The blood stores very well...as long as you keep the lid on tight. I have never had any dry up on me and I have had bottles that sat for a couple years. No sign of spoilage at all.

- Along the lines of Mike's idea...if you just want a pool of blood or whatever try pouring Perma-Blood onto a sheet of wax paper and letting it dry. Then just carefully peel it up and place it where ever you want the pool to be. Easy Clean-up...just pick it up and put it somehwre else!

Thanks again guys. We're really honored to be part of all your attractions as well as the hundreds around the world that are now using the product.
                        Kip Polley
                        www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                        We Engineer Fear

Comment

Working...
                        X