Sliders and sparking gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders and sparking gloves

Does anyone know if any one manufactures a slider set up for actors? The only thing I can find is Ghostride's sparking gloves.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

:shock: Funny you should ask!
    We are putting together a knee pad and glove combo. We are trying to get a how to video together also.

We had 3 sliders last year that coordinated tricks and scenes... I just hope we can train more this season!

We are also working on "TRAINER" gloves to use for your actors prior to giving them the $200+ pair of gloves... These spark occasionally (metal on pavement) but it gives you more use out of the expensive gloves and not during the training phase! :wink:

Comment

I have made several pairs of the non sparking versions for a reasonable price.
      They are also great for actors inside the haunt because you can click your fingers together behind customer's ears ( really creeps them out) or bang them against walls or props ( just be sure your wall or prop is sturdy enough to be hit ).
      They are really great little products.
      www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Mr. Nightmarez -- Any idea when you will have these out? It just occurred to me that sliders would be great to use in several parades we are considering participating in this summer.

Thanks,

Dave
        Lords of Chaos, LLC
        House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

I remember seeing these gloves as a product on Ghost Ride.com
          But they dont seem to be there anymore, perhaps you can email them and ask if they still will make them for you? They werent all that expensive as i recall.
          -Bill
          Bill Rod.
          Dark Tech Effects
          Automated DMX Lighting
          Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

So what are you guys making these out of? I have done this in a limited way with hockey shin pads, but that would hurt all night long. :shock:
            http://www.innerfears.com/
            http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Some physical actions are just very unnatural to the design of the human body, creating some artificial helper devices to overcome the natural deficeintcys, if actually possible to create, may require some pretty high-tech approaches to the problem solving.
              If it can be done.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Here's an update for you- Haunted Media Magazine had a set of these gloves at their booth this past weekend.

They had 2 different sets, one was $55 I think, and the other "deluxe" set was $99.

I hope this helps.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Thanks Brad for the "PROPS"

Yes we did have our MONSTER GLOVES on display in the Haunted Media booth at Transworld. Scare Tacktix actually manufactores thes gloves, and ther are two versions... "Scare One" retails for $99 and "The Elite" retails for $149. The difference between the two is "The Elite" is a compression glove with three thick pads in the palm area (which you will wish you hade at the end of the night!) Thes gloves are manufactured for a controlled SCARE !! Stop by our booth at Hauntcon and see what we are talking about...
                  ScareTacktiX

Comment

But lets not forget the kneepads and special shoes! I think it would be cool if you offered a set that includes gloves, kneepads, and shoes. That'd be cool! -Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Here is the site some may want....

Here is the site that you may be looking for..

http://www.scaretacktix.com/products.html

Ryan
                      "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
                      - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

I belive those are just noise making gloves, metal on metal contact. I am looking for a commercial produced sparking gloves/kneepads type deal. If no one does this I might have to start reserarching it to possibly start producing them in limited quatities.
                        Brian Warner
                        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

No, those are sparking gloves... Gloves EXACTLY like those are used at Kings Island and they spark when monsters slide across the pavement! -Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We have had an extensive sliding program for about 4-5 years. For the actual sparking gloves with the rare earth metal Ghost Ride carries them. They ain't cheap!

We have toe cops specially made by armorers, and modify high quality skate pads with extra armor from ABS and Lexan. Our surface will destroy a unarmored $20-40 set of kneepads in a night, and burn through the toe of a steel toed boot in about the same time. Forget shoelaces, zipties and lots of duct tape are needed to keep boots on your feet.

I ordered some of those Scaretactix gloves, they look great! The metal may spark, most metal does to some degree, but the ones with the huge hunk of pyrotechnic metal on the palm are the Ghostride ones.

Our surface is very abrasive asphalt, and sliding on it tears stuff up. We go through lots of pads, boots, gloves and knees every year! Sliding is hard expensive work ( especially if you are fielding 5+ sliders on a weekend) but guests love it, that is for sure!

Good Luck!

Ben Armstrong
                            NETHERWORLD
                            Ben Armstrong
                            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                            www.Fearworld.com
                            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Ben is right,

Ghost ride does make the gloves specificaly for sparking and you will pay more for them. Scar Tacktix MONSTER GLOVES will allso through a few sparks just do to metal hitting concrete but that is not there purpose. Our gloves were desined to give you that controlled scare, smaking them together or against many sufaces, and just plain snaping your fingures in these gloves will give you all the scares you want. :lol:
                              ScareTacktiX

Comment

Working...
                              X