Signage questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signage questions

I'm looking for some ideas. For any of you that have haunts off the beaten path what do you do for signage to direct guests to your place? I know tiki torches could be risky unattended, so what have you seen as effective ways to attract and direct guests to your show?

Thanks,
    DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 07-07-2010, 03:49 PM.

There's a haunt near here the uses those flashing arrow signs that you can put messages on. It's powered by a generator and they just have a chain link dog cage around it to prevent people from tampering with it.

Hope this helps!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

You could also build some plywood signs and light them up with some LED lights powered by batteries.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

There was a thread a year or so ago where a bunch of great ideas were kicked around. These included the use of vehicles and trailers with signage and props attached. The problem with any kind of permanent or even semi-permanent sign is the permits needed and the limitations on them.

I'll see if I can find the other thread.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys, very good info! ShawnC I'd love to see the thread you were talking about!

DA

Comment

Dark

I will try to find that thread! Shane and it sounds like a good topic! Shane this time!
            sigpic

Comment

"The Seven Level Haunted House!"

What will the new urban legend haunt be promoting about itself?
              How about:"Yes this location was the site of that 1930 nudist camp, and we do see naked ghosts appearing here at night sometimes. ONe guy dated one for two weeks before she turned into a hazy mist and vanished! (She seemed so real too!)
              They usually show up on slow Wednesday nights in October.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Get a hearse!!! You paint your name, phone # and web site on it. Trust me. As soon as you drive a block or two your phone will be ringing!!!

Then park the vehicle with a big arrow on top in the major intersection that you must sent people down!!
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure this was the thread I was thinking of: http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ht=advertising

I really liked the idea of a character hanging off a moving sign. You can't be that for cheap and effective.

Comment

A Flyer Picture

Of our house got alot of attention with the simple addition of Mr. Tuxedo, Spookhouse cat rising up from behind the house. So Many people were forced to ask stupid questions like:"Is that cat real? Where's that big cat? Wow, that's a big cat!" Everything in the picture was real except for the two-story tall, black & white cat.
                    "What do you feed him?"
                    "We feed him a new cat food called PHoto-Shop."
                    Yesterday on BBC radio in a discussion about quantum physics and chance, versus predictability it was intellectually pointed out that people make much more notice when things do not follow the set path or are unusual.....(I think I knew that) Think "Advertising", "Different", What image would get Your attention?
                    MY "Hearse" is just a 89 Olds station wagon with a big steel shark mouth full of teeth, eyes popping out of the hood along with raising and lowering arms 4 feet long, a tall shark fin on the roof, being netted via mechanical arms coming from a TV with a skull looking out of where the picture tube once was, all bolted and road-tested to not fall off.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks for the ideas everyone and thanks to you Shawnc for finding that for me it was an interesting thread to read through, many great ideas!

DA

Comment

Working...
                      X