Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question!

Can a Chairitable haunt work together with a profit haunt, at the same location? What do you think?

What they be doing alternating nights in the same structure?
    Just change a sign every night outside?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No

Nope Jim, differant buildings same nights that they are open. Rather then people standing in one line for 30 to 45 min, they can spend that time going into another haunted house.

Brian

Comment

It will depend on the owner of the "for profit"
        Some owners have the mentality of "If they are going into another haunt I am loosing money" I would love to see a public-private haunt venture work.
        http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
        Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
        When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
        If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

I don't see why not. I have seen it where a better known pro haunt has a space for a temporary charity outside. The pro haunt looks like it is quite the sport and helping the community even if they might actually be the same company.

You end up with two completely different advertising campaigns and styles and grabbing different kinds of patronage all at one location.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

You could probaly invite the owner of the profit haunt to share part of the profit.
            5 years in the business and still ticking
            Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
            USSN

Comment

One possibility that will save the non-profit from building a haunt from scratch is, staffing the profit and having, i don't know, say 40% of that nights profits go to the non-profit organization. Another possibility would be to sell novelties/food, and make $$ from that. As far as 2 seperate buildings, I can't think of any unique ideas. Maybe you pay the profit 'rent" every night your open, and make 100% off of your building's ticket sales? Or combine the tickets into one "fright fest" ticket, so you can advertise "two massive, all indoor, haunted houses for the price of one"
              Slash
              "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Cool info

I would like to say thanks to all who have share there two cents on this subject. I would be not profit haunt, using space at a charity haunt. I thought I would just let you know. I have contacted this haunt and am waiting for a reply.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me! Like Greg pointed out, you could share the cost of advertising and cross-promote. That's always a good thing!

Kel
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                  X