X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Haunt! Hilltop Horrors

Hey everyone!

My names Dave. I'm 19 and I'm a long time lurker of these forums
    I've been home haunting for the past 6 years.

I know its a little late in the year already but I recently finalized my location for my first year.
    I am building on the Rufener Hilltop Farms in Mogadore, OH.
    http://www.rufeners.com/index.html
    Right now the plan is to build 3 attractions:
    Morbid Estates- The 4000 sq. ft haunted house
    Terror in the Corn- An 8 acre cornmaze
    Fear Forest- a hayride though the dark woods

Thursday I moved about a quarter of the haunt up there. Monday I am going up to have another meeting with the fire marshall. Right now it is looking good. I should be able to start the build early next week. I'll be sure to post some pics soon. Be on the look out

-Dave

Congrats on the location and getting started man.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Good Luck

We all have lots of work ahead of us! Hope all is well and things go great for you! Shane and it's keep us posted! Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

looking forward to meeting

PRINCESS PIGGY !!!!! good luck, man!

Comment

Yea lol at Princess Piggy.

But I wish you all the best, ill be sure to follow up on your pictures.

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys!
            I've been busy all weekends working on new costumes and a couple sock masks.
            Our logos are getting started by a friend of mine.
            and I'm also speaking to the fire marshall in the morning. I'll let you all know how it goes.
            Wish me luck!

I'll try to get some location pictures up tomorrow too.

Comment

Congrats! I'll have to check you guys out. How far are you from Cleveland?
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Well the meeting with the fire marshall went well. They're actually excited for the event!
                My problem now is getting a temporary structure permit but I keep getting led in circles between the township and the county.
                Hopefully I'll get some calls back soon.

BruiseMuse we are probably like 45 minutes away
                I actually live in Stow right outside akron and its about a 20-25 minute drive from my house.
                Its right off 224 on rt 43 if that helps

Comment

Here are some location pics
                  The first is the field where the haunt in going.
                  The next couple are of the hayride trail.
                  Ignore the quality it was pouring down rain haha
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks sweet.....nothing like the creepy woods...

Comment

Ewwh it kinda reminds me of the old Tales from the Darkside Tv Show beginning. Take your pics and make a negative out of one. Find that same font and theres your poster. Trust me you cant go wrong! That would look really cool! Best of Luck! Look it up on Youtube if you are too young to know about Tales from the Darkside. It was a really cool show in its day.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

So I am continuing to jump through hoops about this haunt. The fire marshall is all for it but the the zoning inspector is refusing to issue me any permits for anything as of right now. He saying none of this is allowed in an agricultural zoned lot which to me makes no sense because where else do you build cornmazes. I'm not sure on my next step right now. We may have to contact the farm bureau and see what there verdict on this is and if we can fight it but to me that just seems like a lot of trouble to come. Sadly I'm not sure if this haunt is gonna happen this year. I'll try and keep all of you informed.
                        -Dave

Comment

haunt

Can you go to the planning commision/ zoning people and get a temporary change to the zoning?
                          Hope this helps

Comment

After running around and around for months with the city, my advice would be to just tell them this is what you are going to do and ask them to explain the steps necessary to make it happen. There usually is a way, just be polite and you will find people who will help you.
                            http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Well my problem is now for the haunted house i do need a temporary variance which I cannot even get taken to the board until the end of august which is way too late. I spoke with the farm bureau they told me to go ahead with the corn maze and hayride that a building permit was not needed.
                              The maze just got cut on friday. I plan on going out there tommorow and starting set this week.
                              I'll post some pics.
                              Thanks for the support guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X