Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best haunts in america trip! Need comments!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best haunts in america trip! Need comments!!!!

Hi! I'm Garrett Stockdale and I'm in the planning and raising funds stage of opening my own haunt. So to get a good idea of how the industry works, in October of 2011 I'm going to the top 24 haunted houses in America: (in order of visit)

1. Atrox Factory- Killen, AL
    2. Disturbia- Huntsville, AL
    3. House of Shock- New Orleans, LA
    4. 13th Gate- Baton Rouge, LA
    5. House of Torment- Austin, TX
    6. Cutting Edge- Dallas/ Fort Worth, TX
    7. The Edge of Hell- Kansas City, MO
    8. The Beast- Kansas City, MO
    9. The Darkness- Saint Louis, MO
    10. Dreamreapers- Melrose Park, IL
    11. Erebus- Pontiac, MI
    12. Dent Schoolhouse- Cincinnati, OH
    13. Dead Acres- Colombus, OH
    14. 7 Floors of Hell- Cleveland, OH
    15. Scarehouse- Pittsburgh, PA
    16. Frightworld- Buffalo, NY
    17. Haunted Overload- Lee, NH
    18. Fright Kingdom- Nashua, NH
    19. Headless Horseman- Ulster Park, NY
    20. Terror Behind the Walls- Philidelphia, PA
    21. Bates Motel- Philidelphia, PA
    22. Spookywoods- Greensboro, NC
    23. Halloween Horror Nights- Orlando, FL
    24. Netherworld- Norcross, GA

I would love for any of the owners of these haunts to give me a small tour, and maybe an interview. If this is possible please email me at centerfield101@yahoo.com or find me on face book at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1023091373 thanks! also if you know any of the owners on my list if you can pass the message along I will reall appreciate it!
    Last edited by GrimmHallows101; 07-15-2010, 09:51 PM.
    THE SCARE DOCTOR

you're gonna love

BATES MOTEL. the house and the hayride are the BEST ! great tour line up! have fun!

Comment

Add this to your philly area stops

pennhurst asylum (new randy bates haunt) gonna be a must see. HUGE property opening this september. see larry's hauntworld home page for the complete article and info. have fun!

Comment

Bates

Yeah I read all about Bates in the Hauntworld magazine. Im very excited to see a hayride/ haunt mix. Id like to see if its something I might want to pursue
        THE SCARE DOCTOR

Comment

Bates hayride

is so over the top. Best I have ever been on. HARD TO BEAT THIS ONE !!!! After you see it, you may realize how much HARD work it would be to make a hayride THAT great. It would be a massive undertaking. As far as opening your haunt and hayride, Take your time, cover all the bases, learn all you can from others here, STAY HUNGRY, make it the BEST you can. It's gonna be tough and alot of hard work, but I hope you succeed! good luck.

Comment

Im sure

its going to be a bumpy road. Everything I've read has taught me to plan in depth and raise alot of money. and I am looking foward to learning from the best.
            THE SCARE DOCTOR

Comment

If you make it to the DFW area in Texas, I'm assuming you still are because Cutting Edge is on your list. We have about 10 excellent attractions/screamparks in the DFW area. I own Terrorplex, we'd love to show you around and talk. If you can stop by, email me at scott@terrorplex.com and we can make arrangements.

Comment

Penhurst Asylum has to be a must along with Bates Motel.

Also if you'll be in St. Louis check out Larry's new haunt at the Lemp Brewery, the location is just awesome and we all know what an amazing haunt the Darnkess is.

Comment

If i could make a suggestion while your in Alabama to stop by Sloss Fright Furnace. It's a haunt in a truly Haunted shut down furnace that was one of the top Pig iron/steel producers in america. Hundreds of people died there a truly haunted place. it was also featured on Ghost adventures and ABC's most haunted places in america. Check out Frightfurnace.com you have a great line up your going to learn a lot for sure!

Comment

i

I hope so. and that sounds very interesting
                    THE SCARE DOCTOR

Comment

Garrett

I like your second choice LOL. I would be more than glad to give you a personal tour and show you around just let me know when your there! Shane and its on the house! Shane this time!
                      sigpic

Comment

haha Im glad you do. That sounds great. Im looking foward to it
                        THE SCARE DOCTOR

Comment

Working...
                        X