Scare-A-Torium Cotton Candy Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scare-A-Torium Cotton Candy Scene

A special thanks to everyone who toured the Scare-A-Torium on Friday night during MHC. We trust you enjoyed your excursion. During our pre-convention posting; we hinted at two very unique scenes, which were the Cotton Candy wall and our Big Mouth Clown; both in the Funhouse. We surveyed a number of people and as expected; those two scenes were the most popular at our haunt during MHC. Several informed us they would be including the Cotton Candy wall in their haunt this upcoming season. We also introduced the Vortex Laser by Halloween Lasers, combined with our rocking bridge and Haze machine as our final scene. We’re proud of our actors too; they really tried hard to entertain everyone. We’re interested in knowing what you thought about the haunt.

Kelly

I thought is was great.....great job.....the bridge was a great scene and it seem longer than others.....Halloween season is coming soon....

Comment

We had 31 scenes and 51 actors that night. It takes 25-35 minutes to navigate. We added 11 scenes and 15 actors for the MHC tour. Since we made our changes for MHC; we now have our haunt ready for the season and can enjoy some free time this summer. Glad you enjoyed your tour. Thanks for attending.
      Kelly

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures of these scenes? I'm really interested in checking them out!!!
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

What is the gag or scare with the cotton candy wall? Anyone want to share? Just wondering?
          Thanks
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Cotton Candy Scene Pic

Attached is a picture of the Cotton Candy Scene. The wall is lined with bags of cotton candy and there is an opening in the middle for the actor to stand. The actor is wearing a black jump suit with bags of cotton candy attached. With the lighting we have on the scene, you can't see the actor at all. Every one is looking at the wall of cotton candy and the actor leap out at them. The scare get nearly everyone. Ask the haunters who were there and saw it.
            Attached Files

Comment

I could never work in an area like that. There wouldnt be any cotton candy left! LOL!
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

The cotton candy wall becomes the red zit wall, too much sugar Damon!
                I know this happens to a mere growing boy, so give the old coot, Jim the cotton candy, it won't affect me that way.
                It sort of reminds me of when I used to show a video of a guy looking up from between the couch cushions and people would jump up expecting him to be under them as they sat there!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Is that the video you use now Jim? I remember you had someone dressed as a clown I think laughing hysterically when I was there. Very different!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Wow... That scare has it all! It's original, easy to do, inexpensive, and will immediately cause a good laugh after the initial scare. It's bloody brilliant!

Comment

That's a GREAT idea. I may have to try and incorporate that into my haunt this year!
                      Zach Wiechmann
                      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Cotton Candy Scene

We worked with Eric Svenddal of C-Tech Entertainment FX on the design and build of the cotton candy scene. They did a fantastic job with this scene (and several others). Once people get over the initial shock, they usually laugh, but some people just freak out and run away.

The funniest ones are the people who reach across the chain to steal a bag of cotton candy and that's when the actor jumps out at them. Every person who does this hits the floor or the wall behind them. It's hilarious.

My actors like performing this scene, because it has the highest scare rate (nearly 9 out of ten groups rated this as their favorite scene).

Kelly
                        The Scare-A-Torium

Comment

How did you attach the bags to the wall? Did you have a problem with people actually ripping any off?
                          Zach Wiechmann
                          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

The bags were filled with spray painted cotton and holes were drilled and then the bags were zip tied to the wall. We had two bags pulled from the wall and one from the actors costume. All of the bags were dropped as soon as the actor leaped out from the wall.

Kelly
                            The Scare-A-Torium

Comment

Working...
                            X