An apology to Randy Bates / Bates Motel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apology to Randy Bates / Bates Motel

As I'm sure a few people have by now realized, the artwork I submitted for the TransWorld Haunter's Pavilion T-Shirt contest bears an uncomfortable resemblence to the marketing artwork for The Bates Motel. Randy very graciously brought this to my attention yesterday and I'm just sick about it.

For the record, this was absolutely an accident. I did the artwork in a hurry because I was under the gun on several projects and needed to move on quickly; there was no conscious attempt to emulate the Bates artwork; it just sort of happened. I am mortified over the whole thing, believe me.

I just wanted to publicly apologize to Randy about this. I have very strong feelings on the subject of plagiarism (especially artistic plagiarism), and while this was completely unintentional, I'm still really embarrassed. Hopefully Randy will let me make it up to him.
    WEB : PRINT : LOGO : ART

Chad,

I don't think you intentionally ripped off anyones idea's. You have a very unique style and hey sometimes a good idea is shared by many! I think it was really cool of your to apologize like that. That just goes to show what a class guy you really are!!!! I think you doing this, was pure class!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Professional Approach - Thank You

To Chad and all in the Haunt Industry,
      On behalf of the TransWorld Staff and the Haunter's Pavilion, I would like to personally say it was very nice of you to stop by the Haunter's Pavilion and to explain to us the situation. With that said, you had a true winning design submitted on time and it really hit the mark with all attendees. All but 30 of the 500 shirts were sold in the three days it was aviable at TWE tradeshow. I would also like to say thank you to Randy Bates who is a personal friend of mine for also being a true professional Haunter about this situation. Randy has always taken the high road in any conflict both as a haunt owner and as a former director of the IAHA. Both of these people have proven themselves to be solid icons in our industry.
      Best wishes to both and may you always find success in out business.
      "Crazy Bob" Turner - Director of the Haunter's Pavilion for TransWorld

PS Look for my final report on the TWE competitions and contest winners and results of all TWE tours and Vampire Ball within the next several days!!!!!!!

Comment

I just wanted to thank Chad for his apology last month. I'm sure he did not intend for his design to conflict with our logo. Chad also phoned me personally as well.
        Randy Bates
        The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride
        www.thebatesmotel.com

Comment

Working...
        X