Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bees

Hi ghouls,
    I found an abandoned bees nest completely intact and plan to use it for one of the rooms in my garage haunt this year. It measures a good 5" diameter. I have the sound bite and strobe for the effect. All I need is some bees. I thought of piping in some black paper bits with a fan to swirl things around. Anyone ever see anything like this or other ideas?
    Http://xtremegaragehaunting.blogspot.com

Projection?

i have been thinking of possibly projecting bees onto something. Maybe this will work with your natural hive.

Ed Z

Comment

Yes. I had thought of that. I forgot to mention the size of the 'room' is only about 4' x 7'. I think it might be too difficult to set that up properly in such a small space. Plus a projector was not in this year's budget.

Comment

bees

If the lighting is done right in the room...you could take fishing line and attach cotton balls or something similar on the ends....when your bee sound effect starts...have a fan or two come one...and they blow those lines around bumping people in the heads giving a swarming feeling...also consider a beeswax or honey smell being pumped in at the same time...

Kale

Comment

Bees can be done in several ways and if it works for you then there is no wrong way.
          Hang a cieling fan above the hive and paint it all black, replace the blades with rods and hang bees on fishing line from them.
          I saw this at disney on the rapids ride themed after briar rabbit.
          I had success useing a leaf blower piped to a few openings and then using styrofoam peanuts painted like bees (make extras they get stolen) they hover around and float when they are caught in the airstream.
          Here is the best one though that you should give me a hundred dollars for lol. I call them bug sticks. get a three foot dowel rod and put a pager vibrating motor on the end of it, make it turn on when a button is pushed on the end the actor is holding, put the motor in a small paper envelope thats painted black (think "rattle snake eggs" envelope) . It makes a great buzzing noise and if you touch guests with it it really feels like a bee on you.
          http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8449
          These can also be embeded in curtains the guests must walk through.

Also check out these guys for inspiration.
          http://www.safarianomalous.com/
          Bee scary!
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Yeah, thats worth a hundo at least

Those little vibrators are cool! Thanks for sharing!

If you could afford it- just hang a bunch of those vibrators under black light, from thin cable and paint them flat black with maybe a couple flourescent yellow stripes on each and have them walk through the swarm! BZZZ BZZZ BZZZZZZ!
            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Thanks everyone! Spooktacular ideas!

Comment

Working...
              X