Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivy Man Suit

Hey Folks:

There is/was a company that made the Ivy Man Suit. I believe it was called Blended Scares. I have attempted to access their website and the URL is no longer.

Is this company still around and does anyone know how to contact them?

Thanks,

yes she still makes them...the lady that does works for spookywoods...if you go to their sight and just email them they will get you in touch with her...

kale

Comment

Suit

Be mindful of the suit we had one and a majority the leaves fell off. The one we saw at the show a few years back the leaves were sewn on. The one we received they were glued on. Customer service was not the best, Spookywoods was great but that was it. It is alot of money if the leaves are still glued and no sewn on.

Brian

Comment

iF you get ahold of her, she will get your suit fixed up and most of the time for no charge...just email her through spookywoods her name is kathy. I believe they are sewn on now.

Comment

Suit

Thanks, but we tried that with no such luck. Thats why we are not fond of the product.

Brian

Comment

We have just made our own out of a black unitard, black out mask and Ivy. We tried sewing AND gluing the leaves on. Sewing them royally sucked, so we resorted to gluing. Yes some fell off and needed random replair but the cost to make was much cheaper and we were in controll. No customer service issues there! It looked great in the end, as well!

We also took the large plastic pot, cut it down the center in half and bolted it onto shoes so you can stand with your legs together and it looks full. When you scare you can then run after the customer. It works great!
            "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
            Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
            Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

I wish I had some information for you guys but unfortunately I don't. I have never dealt with those costumes directly. I have no idea if they are still in production, what they are made of, how they are made, etc.
              Best thing would be to email Tony at Tony AT SpookyWoods.com He will be able to give you any information you need.

Comment

Kathy that makes the suites made over 60 of them and only one person ever complained. That was the Atrox folks, and I paid for a new ivy suit out of my pocket to be sent to them since it was sold through SpookywoodsFX booth. I don't think that is bad customer service, but you can't please 100% of the public.

We have several of them at Spookywoods and we never had an major issue with leaves falling off. Granted you can't go crawling around on the ground or they will be ripped off. I know Kathy looked the world over and could not find a better ivy vine and decided to no longer make them. It was just not enough profit in it to continue to hand sew them. The prototype suit that was at Las Vegas Transworld show was hand sewn, and Atrox was told it would be sewn leaves, this is the reason I insisted they be sent a second suit at no charge. It's not my company, however I wanted to make it right since it was sold through the SpookywoodsFX booth that one year.

I figured people would just make their own once they seen them, just like 95% of the products in the industry.
                Tony Wohlgemuth,
                Comes up with the fun stuff!
                Kersey Valley, Inc.
                www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

ivy suit

The dead horse has been beat enough..
                  The product was very cool and Mike in St Louis two Transworlds ago apoligized for the poor product and said he wished he had never associated himself with the ivy suit and its makers.. After eight months we did recieve another suit.. Smelled like our old one.. Didnt realize that it was new ...Thanks Tony..
                  If some one wants it I'll take $250 bucks.. ($750 savings over a new one)..
                  The product was supposed to be fire retardent and sewn but it did work a few nights before it started molting....
                  I was also told many more complaints did accur but I guess the boys from Alabama yell a bit harder... Good luck on your search.................

Comment

Working...
                  X