Help: Helicopter Spotlight ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Helicopter Spotlight ideas

This year for one of our (scarezones) We are doing a post apocalyptic steampunk zombie city. Kind of that madmax, water world, Highlander feel. We have air raid horns, explosions, and Helicopter fly bys in the audio track so far. I thought it would be cool effect to have a helicopter search light coming from up above searching for would be intruders. Ive been looking at different dj lighting to achieve this effect but there is nothing with a single beam that moves sporadically (like a search light). Can u guys help me out with this. Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Kyle Nadeau
    Sinister Intentions Haunted Attractions
    Owner and Operator of Field of Screams the Haunted Stadium
    www.HauntedStadium.com
    HauntedStadium@live.com

here something

this might be what you are looking for

http://www.eliminatorlightingdirect....eam%20scan.htm

might be able to rig something to one of those moving fans, long shot, but you never know.

keywords in searching for something like this are

scanning, scanner, oscillating, pinspot

Comment

moving light

You might be looking for something like this...this one shows a red lense but you can take that out so its just regular. Ive used these before...

http://www.instrumentalsavings.com/P..._d_OSB601B_d_1

kale

Comment

Probably need to go with a dmx moving head fixture and program it to get the effect you really want...
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Why not just stick and actor up there with a high-beamed flood light or maybe just a high powered oscillating light?

I'd use the actor... if it's foggy and dark... NO ONE will see past the high beam of the light and see that it's an actor! Just a thought. -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
            Why not just stick and actor up there with a high-beamed flood light or maybe just a high powered oscillating light?

I'd use the actor... if it's foggy and dark... NO ONE will see past the high beam of the light and see that it's an actor! Just a thought. -Tyler

I was thinking the same thing, that way the beam could follow certain people and could be used to taunt, torment, and annoy/amuse others...
            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

agree

Originally posted by Badger View Post
              I was thinking the same thing, that way the beam could follow certain people and could be used to taunt, torment, and annoy/amuse others...
              Adding to that, you could hook up a cheap PA system and a horn speaker for that actor to pick out individuals in the group as intruders and give descriptions. Yell at them to halt or something along those lines.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

search light

I use a pair of american dj spot250 moving lights to create a search light effect. when you fog it up and program them they look just like search lights on my building just not as bright. think they are like $450ish.

Comment

Too many choices!

Spot lights, Puff lights, Dick and Jane lights!
                  Or the $1.98 X-ray vision goggles from the Johnson Co. in Detroit!
                  (Yes I sent them my money when I was a kid! They didn't quite work)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think the Pinspot Oscilating Beam Scan is gonna work and its in my budget. We thought of using an actor but there is really no place for him to be mounted from the roof. This scarezone will take place in the middle of our concourse in our stadium (we are at a minor league ball park). Thanks for all the ideas guys.
                    Kyle Nadeau
                    www.HauntedStadium.com
                    HauntedStadium@live.com

Comment

I love the graphics in your Haunted stadium . com web site !

can you tell me who did the work ?

Thanks

Casey .... CREEP HOUSE

Comment

It's not my site... But that artwork would be redcrow designs!! Great company, great work! -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yep, redcrow is the man.
                          Kyle Nadeau
                          www.HauntedStadium.com
                          HauntedStadium@live.com

Comment

Working...
                          X