Sleeping habits in casket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping habits in casket?

Has anyone gotten inside a casket before? I have a hard time thinking NO ONE has.... but I've always been curious, to the point I would like to do it myself. LOL

Actual comfort is not a casket factory consideration. You may have to modify some things yourself to be "comfy".
    I have an old video of a musician's wedding where they use a double-wide coffin for the ceremony.
    It didn't help, they were divorced soon afterwards.
    I don't know who got custody of the coffin.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

yes i have and to say it's not that bad really. but the thing is that you mite feel alittle closed in. i would say this if it had a real bed in it the yes i would sleep more in the coffin.

best word to give you is this. do you like being in a spot that is closed in? do you like having a lid close on you?

i say try before you buy..
      it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

O.K., I had a cheap coffin

With cross-braces right across my shoulder blades.
        Needed padding, the coffin not me.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I've never actually slept inside one before BUT the thought has crossed my mind several times to toss out the bed I have now & build a coffin shaped bed. I would make sure to place a lexan top on it so I could still see outside with holes for ventilation....don't wanna actually suffocate from lack of oxygen while I sleep. I'm not claustrophobic or anything but still, to be able to see around you when ya wake up is a good thing! Plus in building my own I can decide how wide & tall to make it. I wouldn't build the traditional rectangular shape we see today, nah, I'd have to build a toe pincher.
          John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

We bought 9 scratch and dent caskets last week from a local funeral home. The nicest of these, a red one, "dissapeared" from the haunt for a few days. My partner took it home for about a week. I'm not sure what he did with the casket,
            and I'm not asking.

WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASKET, STAYS IN THE CASKET!!!

I noticed it was back at Folklore tonight.
            Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
            Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
            www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

I've always wanted to try it. Seems cozy enough
              Matthew Colton
              Frightworld America's Screampark
              http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

I try out every casket we get at spookhaven. Some are very nice and soft.

Comment

Haha how about sleeping in a casket in your haunt for a night alone with the lights out. Bet that would be one hell of a time
                  Matt Colton
                  The Forsaken Crypt (R.I.P)

Comment

Done that.

Of course I have lived in my haunt for 23 years now.
                    I once used a coffin as my hiding place in a JC haunt when they all came down to help build.
                    It was hysterical!
                    After they had exhausted every possible other place that I could be hiding...the conversation I heard went like this:"No...he Couldn't be in there, ..he wouldn't be in there..."
                    As the JC president (And States Attorney) began to slowly lift the lid I popped up and he expressed fear in no uncertain terms! But then when he was a tour guide in the house he would get So into his part that he then became very easy to sneak up on and scare, right infront of the customers!
                    Quite entertaining to see your tour guide jump and yell from a slight little touch or mummered word!
                    HAHAHAHAH!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Easy to fall asleep in

I have done it on occasion, especially when you are totally exhausted from your build and the season has started you just want to sit....lol.... lay down, I have to say I have done it several times. I have 2 custom made coffins in my haunt, one is mine and I am the only one that gets in it. But yes, the first time the lid closes it is kinds freaky, but after that alls good.

Comment

I assume you need to make airholes? If you just leave it as it is can you suffocate?
                        Matt Colton
                        The Forsaken Crypt (R.I.P)

Comment

I took a nap in one of mine last year. Had been putting in some long hours at the haunt and was actually waiting on the president from the charity we were working with to show up to talk about some marketing.

The casket was in the cue line area so I was pretty sure I'd hear her when she came in. Of course I did and woke up and popped up just as she walked by. Scared her pretty good, but she was good sport about it and actually laughed about it later and shared the story with others.
                          Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Working...
                          X