Need to trigger multiple audio sources simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to trigger multiple audio sources simultaneously

A few years ago I purchased Zombietronix 6 channel (3 disc) Othersiders CD's.

I tried using them the first year with MP3's and just left them running, but after about an hour or so the players would stop. The problem is that to start them again I needed 2 more people to push start simultaneously which is required for the audio effect to work properly.

What I'd really like to do is to find an audio solution that would allow me load the tracks necessary to 3 players that could be triggered simultaneously by a single PIR or some other trigger.

Any ideas?
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Sent you a PM.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

It can be done with two products I am very familiar with.

http://www.efx-tek.com/topics/ap-16.html

or

http://www.hauntbots.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=188

I know it can be done with more expensive equipment than this such as Gilderfluke, etc. but these are two companies products I use alot.

You just have to take the 3 stereo audio files, put 1 each on a seperate player (so you would need 3 of either of these players) and wire all the triggers together. Both have stereo outputs.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

What you could do is if you have friend or someone who knows how is you could mix the three CDs into a Dolby digital audio track. This way you use one player, and one amp.

I do this a lot using virgil's 5.1 soundscapes. I mix them to dolby pro logic which allows me to use them with standard wav. player and use a home audio Amp for 5.1 audio. Give it a try.
        Scareside Studios/ Haunted House

Comment

mix the three CDs into a Dolby digital audio track. This way you use one player, and one amp.
          Bingo. You could mix together the three tracks into a single mp3 file with something like Audacity. Audacity provides instruction for CD ripping here.

It'll be about the same amount of work as an electronics solution, but much easier to manage once complete.

Comment

Is there a tut for mixing for 5.1? I have audacity but not sure how to do that.
            Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Ill back Derek using Audacity

Free download which you already got. Fairly simple program. Used it several times so far and have been extremely happy with the final product.
              Kelly Anderson
              Owner- Halloween Undercroft
              http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
              Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Here's a manual for editing/mixing:

II.Editing for Beginners
                Part 4 - Splitting and Submixes

Comment

Working...
                X