Digital Printing VS Screen Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Printing VS Screen Printing

Just curious how many of you get digital printing shirts VS screen printed ones.

I purchased some screen printed shirts in 2008 and they have been holding up great over the years... But with a recent deal I got with some friends, I can get some digital printed shirts for a deal. Should I get the digital printed ones or spend the extra money and get them screen printed?

Looking for some input - Let me know!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

I actually prefer the digital or direct to garment as some call it, just because I can have as many color choices as I want for the same price and the shading can be a million times better as well.

Kale

Comment

Yeah that's one plus I saw with it... However does it age faster than screen printing? That's my main concern.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

If your going to do a large run of shirts, I would go with Screen (aka Silk) printing. But if your going to do a small run of garments and cost is a concern, then go with the heat (or digital) printing. Many moons ago, I worked as screen printer and I found that the screen prints allow for more durability and they are cheaper to produce if your doing a large run of clothing.
        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

We handle a lot of garment design and printing and there are pros and cons to both styles.

For small runs, Direct to Garment is ideal since it is cheaper and there isn't the per color charge (Shadz of Goth is a great DTG printer that caters to the haunt industry). However, I have found that these shirts seem to fade a bit faster than screen printing.

Screen printing is great for large runs (we swear by Jakprints) and the images do not fade (however the image will sometimes get cracks in it after repeated wear and washing).
          Katie Lane
          Partner/VP
          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
          X