To avoid potential problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To avoid potential problems

when giving your haunted attraction a name, is there a company or website that shows you what names have and/or have nto be used? Even if it's not haunted house related?

(larry i sent you a private message reguarding this question. however i did not receive any responce. I'm just wondering if your received it along with what other few i have sent you?)

Thank you for your time

I doubt there is a site dedicated to haunted house names, but if you a forming your business name, as opposed to the name of your haunt, you can check with your county, then state level, and also on the national level.

Besides that you can always scroll through every state on this HW haunted house directory to make sure someone doesnt already have your name, but that could take all day!
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Owners and operators Xtreme Networking in Chicago

Greetings,
      Your question is very valid and extremely important. Their are many questions of this nature which were covered in the 4 hour seminar on Thursday night prior to the Chicago TransWorld Tradeshow (thats why TWE had it as part of their official business program). The program was solely developed for the purpose of our seasonal haunt industry. Randy Young a practicing Attorney at Law for Indiana and who has 27 years of commercial haunt experience as a multiple attraction was my speaker who addressed such questions. The entire 4 hours including the attendees questions and answers will be aviable on DVD March 30 along with the booklet that provides many examples of proper business forms. The other three speakers - 1. a CPA/MBA spoke on business deductions and on company needs for successful operations in true complience for avoiding an IRS problem 2. Denise Seise from Michigan's Reilm of Darkness and who is the only haunter who has legally fought the IRS and won her very important Independent Contractor ruling. This has now successfully put into place a protection for all haunters who use this method to pay their staff. 3. The final presentation was how and why the Haunted Hydro Dark Attraction Park received a 2006 National Red Cross Recognition of Merit to 3 staff members and 2 owners for saving a life of one of its patrons. What documantations and steps were used in order to make this location safty oriented and its staff so well trained!
      The cost for this program is $100.00 and $5.00 shipping. Please feel to contact me at 419 332 7380 office number or to email me at hauntedhydro@sbcglobal.net if you are interested in this professionally developed and very informative program.
      Sincerely
      "Crazy Bob" Turner
      owner/operator for 18 commercial years in the same location...

Comment

Re: To avoid potential problems

Originally posted by jason
        when giving your haunted attraction a name, is there a company or website that shows you what names have and/or have nto be used? Even if it's not haunted house related?

(larry i sent you a private message reguarding this question. however i did not receive any responce. I'm just wondering if your received it along with what other few i have sent you?)

Thank you for your time
        Hi! Here in Pennsylvania any sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership etc. can register for a fictitious business name with the PA department of state. On their web page you put in the name you want and check if it is available or if someone in our state has already paid for it and is using it as their own. If your lucky and the name you want is available you pay the state and its yours. I forget the exact fee.
        Do you have an insatiable appetite for Halloween? Are you intrigued, rather than disgusted with gore? If so, you must be ALittleFreaky too.

Comment

Re: Owners and operators Xtreme Networking in Chicago

Originally posted by crazybob turner
          Greetings,
          Your question is very valid and extremely important. Their are many questions of this nature which were covered in the 4 hour seminar on Thursday night prior to the Chicago TransWorld Tradeshow (thats why TWE had it as part of their official business program). The program was solely developed for the purpose of our seasonal haunt industry. Randy Young a practicing Attorney at Law for Indiana and who has 27 years of commercial haunt experience as a multiple attraction was my speaker who addressed such questions. The entire 4 hours including the attendees questions and answers will be aviable on DVD March 30 along with the booklet that provides many examples of proper business forms. The other three speakers - 1. a CPA/MBA spoke on business deductions and on company needs for successful operations in true complience for avoiding an IRS problem 2. Denise Seise from Michigan's Reilm of Darkness and who is the only haunter who has legally fought the IRS and won her very important Independent Contractor ruling. This has now successfully put into place a protection for all haunters who use this method to pay their staff. 3. The final presentation was how and why the Haunted Hydro Dark Attraction Park received a 2006 National Red Cross Recognition of Merit to 3 staff members and 2 owners for saving a life of one of its patrons. What documantations and steps were used in order to make this location safty oriented and its staff so well trained!
          The cost for this program is $100.00 and $5.00 shipping. Please feel to contact me at 419 332 7380 office number or to email me at hauntedhydro@sbcglobal.net if you are interested in this professionally developed and very informative program.
          Sincerely
          "Crazy Bob" Turner
          owner/operator for 18 commercial years in the same location...
          wow. what a very informative dvd..which that itself is $100?!

thanks for the feedback

Comment

Crazy Bob DVD Series

What Crazy Bob failed to mention is that anyone who was on the Frozen Tundra Tour is eligable for a one time $50 discount seeing as how we couldn't be in two places at one time. Whether it's $50 or $100 in my opinion it's the best money you can spend. The subjects covered here make for a solid foundation for your business and we all know that nothing that starts off badly can ever turn into something good.
            You can't scare anyone if you've been sued and lost your show. I believe the industry has ignored these all important subjects for way too long because they are not "fun" or "creative" nor "flashy". I applaud Crazy Bob for taking the bull by the horns and saying to the industry it's time to face the music. It's time to stop making stupid mistakes that can cost you everything. This industry will pay thousands for a prop that will get a scare but will think long and hard before buying the information that will save everything you own. Doesn't make sense as it should be the other way around. This includes home haunters as well as their home owners insurance will NOT cover their outdoor displays which are open to the general public to see and enjoy.
            I believe that this DVD is potentially the most important DVD that has ever been offered to this industry...even more important than my own!!!
            To attempt something in this industry is Crazy...to attempt it without having first seen these DVDs is INSANE!!!
            Bob...allow me to be the first to place my order. Rich Hanf

Comment

Thanks for the input Rich.

I would love to see more forums/materials that deal with the true aspect of running a successful haunted houses; the paper work and other related items. Maybe it's being around and studying how to scare people for a good while but coming up with scares comes second hand.

My true thirst for knowledge is running the books and all that fine paper work. I believe that if one is to be a manager of a haunt I believe they should be a bit of a Renaissance Man. I believe that one should know all the basics in the haunted attraction industry. From there you can learn more from outside materials as well as from friends that help you with your haunt. Then there's always being a good boss to your employees in general.

Comment

Again... BUY KELLY'S BOOK!!!! I just read it, for the second time, and OH MY GOD! This book has so much amazing info in it, it's perfect for what your looking for. It's a BUSSINESS BOOK for haunters. No props, no make-up, no room designs..... STRAIGHT BUSSINESS!

It's a must read! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore
                  Again... BUY KELLY'S BOOK!!!! I just read it, for the second time, and OH MY GOD! This book has so much amazing info in it, it's perfect for what your looking for. It's a BUSSINESS BOOK for haunters. No props, no make-up, no room designs..... STRAIGHT BUSSINESS!

It's a must read! -Tyler
                  lol I'm a little dumbfounded with forgetting about that book. Yes Tyler, indeed I do own a copy and indeed it's a great book to have! A big thanks to kel for putting it out on the market. I hope you come out with another.

Sidenote: Kel did you get my e-mail to you?

Comment

Working...
                  X