craigslist any one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigslist any one?

craigslist, dose any one shop there for your stuff? do you post things out there as far as need actors/ wood / props/halloween stuff etc etc...

I have been doing that for a while and i got some cool stuff like tomestones, coffins, and most of all i found my hearse on there.

just seen if any one else dose this. the one good thing about that i see is the free page on there.
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

I am on craigslist several times a day. I have found some pretty incredible items for my haunt. There was a theatrical company getting rid of old props--it was just come and take what you want and if you could, leave a small donation. I picked up soooo much stuff--pillars, a caboose facade, an old model T (front half of the car), 2x4's, benches, a podium, thrones, etc. I've also found styrofoam, an old picket fence, cubicle walls, straw bales, and much more--all for the taking. It is a great source for all sorts of things.

Comment

I'm on craigslist like a Mod. Found all kinds of great stuff/ and great labor.
      http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/links.html

Comment

We start our day out there looking for anything for the haunt. We have found a lot of great things there.
        Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Craigslist is great but some towns have a Goodwill Weigh and Pay location or locations. Its just like it sounds, you take a cart into a small warehouse where they have these large bins filled with all sorts of crap. Stuff that was in all the stores in the area and shipped to the warehouse. Everything expect clothes. You fill your cart and they weigh it . Its very cheap, like pennies per pound. You can find all sorts of scene setting materials(old pictures..frames..anything you can imagine) Its hit or miss somedays but always entertaining.

Comment

Use CL at least once a day! Many thing for our Haunt have been found on CL!
            http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
            sigpic
            "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

I found a really cool ambulance on craigslist, but couldn't afford it. I saw a week later the seller said it would be open until the weekend and then he is taking it to the dump.

As a not for profit, I offered to give him a receipt for the fair market value, which was much higher than the asking price. He agreed, he will get more money in tax breaks than his asking price.

So yes, I am a fan of Craigslist.

Comment

my girlfriend manages a Halloween store and uses craigslist for hiring purposes. You'll get hundreds of replies from actors (half may be 12 or younger though lol) but she always finds quality employees. Her hiring and your hiring are really the same person, they are both usually die hard halloween fans. Might be worth giving a shot.

Oh, and you can look up their emails through facebook and get an idea of who they are before calling/emailing them for an interview 8)
                In the Shadows...We are Legion

Comment

you could build great sets of craigs list...u just have to be on it....free stuff goes fast....

Comment

ive helped wrangle cast members for a few years at the big haunts in AZ, and several of them have used CL for actor hiring. If you flood the different 'menus' (part time, acting, gig, etc) you will usually end up with a pretty good turnout, but by FAR the best way to execute that is to have EVERYONE show up at a pre-arranged place and time and interview them, have them try out for different parts, sum them up physically, age-wise, experience, etc. If they have evening jobs, or a lot of kids that cant be left by themselves at home, or are the 'stereotypical teens' that show up with giggling friends youre gonna have a bunch of flakes on your hands. keep a list of back-up applicants on hand with a facial shot you take of them and notes on what their strengths and weaknesses were.
                    force them to fear you... for assinine stupidity cannot hold a candle to pure, unadulterated evil.

Comment

We find a lot of our props from the free section under craigslist. Lots of people are needed to get rid of crummy furniture. Anything can be made to be fit for a haunted house by ripping it apart, adding blood, etc, and frankly, the crummier the furniture, the better.

Comment

Working...
                      X