The customer can be always wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The customer can be always wrong.

It began with a day and night of snippy phone calls making strange demands seeming to ignore everything we tell people concerning how to get to see the house.
    We were pretty busy yesterday and everything was going pretty good..."We are an hour away, we have been driving for over 3 hours will you still be open for us?"
    "Sure, why not?" (Trying to be as helpfull as can be.)
    "It's my birthday." She added. (This makes the 3rd person coming here today whose Birthday it was!?)
    They finally arrive but can't seem to find the nerve or energy to actually get out of their car....
    My Wife was outside and their first statement to her was something like:"After the haunted house tour is over please direct us to the "Fun" in Mount Carroll!" (?)
    This was just two young women sort of over-dressed for my house....once inside they were quietly talking between themselves, not really seeming to notice much going on around them or reacting...the the camera came out...I watched them take 3 or 4 pictures ....I informed them "No Pictures" and had to remove the camera from them, I sat it just a few feet away out of their reach in plain sight...then as I did a few minutes of my routine...they were very non-involved, sort of very close and oddly touching each other in the dark...maybe they were just scared?
    No, my flashlight showed me some container hidden mostly between them and they were both drinking out of it as secretly as they could manage under the circumstances.
    It was a just opened bottle of whiskey, a glass bottle at that!
    OF course they weren't "Drunk" yet and thought there should be no good reason as to why they shouldn't be allowed to suck down at least half the bottle as they attempted to walk through the house!?
    No you are both out of here.
    As one staggered passed me she called me "A Douche", and began saying how she was gunna... I said you just do wahtever you think you want to do...
    Whether they were already so drunk or they just come from a totally different "culture" I don't know, or maybe they thought they were "Cute" enough to always get their way? No.
    I was at a loss to figure it out, why drive 4 hours to get here and then do the things they did which saw them ejected? How do you chug a bottle of whiskey 4 hours from home and then....
    I do not want to be a bartender, I will not tollerate what they seemed to think was their "right" to ignore everything our signage said at the front door.."It was too dark, we couldn't read it."
    If that is too dark for you, I would not want to be meeting you on the road tonight! (Our city Policeman had no trouble reading the sign from almost the middle of the parking lot!)
    After leaving the parking lot (driving) they spent the next possibly hour at a tavern or two a block away) Caller ID said the snippy phone calls were from them too.
    IT was just amazing!
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 08-08-2010, 04:35 PM.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

I am thinking they would have made great prop additions to your house.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

As An Addition To Props here?

No.
      Their actual style of clothing left me wondering if they were time-travelers but then who really needs to go back to Disco?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Weren't there...

haunts in the 80s?
        Couldn't you send them back in time and sell them as props in the disco era? A little extra revenue wouldn't hurt...
        *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
          I am thinking they would have made great prop additions to your house.
          Or good compost for the garden.

Comment

Jim if you would take all your neon beer signs out of the windows you wouldnt attrack all the wrong type of customers.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

It's Not the Neon Beer Signs

Maybe it's the psychic residue from this place being a tavern from 1870 to 1925?
              Until recently there were as many as four taverns a block away from my house besides.
              Remember "Neon Noodle"? In a Warner Bros. cartoon with wacky Daffy Duck?
              It was really creative and wild.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ya, you don't need drunks getting into that can-o-pee bed.lol. That thing will make you want to pee yourself even when your not drunk.
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I would have to say about 30 to 50 percent of people that attend haunted houses are under the influence. Either alcohol or drugs. Or both. I would say there is a rare 2% to 5% that are drunk and just totally obnoxious that you either have to follow all the way out your haunt or have to ask to leave. All haunters have to deal with this. Its not a common thing.
                  Damon
                  4 Taverns may not sound like a good thing. But if I had a haunt open 301 nights a week I think I would welcome there business. But there are cool drunks and ones you would not rather deal with im sure.
                  Last edited by damon carson; 08-10-2010, 02:27 PM.
                  Damon Carson

Comment

I Seem To Have Fewer Drunks.

Maybe after 23 years the word got out:"Don't go there drunk!" You are (normally) in the house for 60 to 90 minutes and there will be physical and mental demands of various types put upon your body, many of which are not alcohol-friendly, of course almost the simplest task can turn alcohol-dangerous when too much alcohol is present.
                    It is pathetic isn't it?
                    My Father-in-law doesn't drink either and some people he works with will say:"You don't drink? What do you do for entertainment?"
                    I might respond:"Watch you drunkie trying to find bail money in the bottom of that brown bottle."
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X