Newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions

Hello all. I have been reading through threads for the past couple of weeks and have learned a lot already. But would love to pick your brains for any info that can help. This is actually my second year having a haunt although this year I have moved to a new location.

Last year I was in a small town about 15 minutes away from the main city and we didn't see the numbers we were expecting. This year I am right on the outskirts of town and I own the property.

I have a couple of steel building I am wanting to use, but we do not have sprinklers yet, so I have drawn up an outdoor haunt that still hase all of the mazes and rooms for scenes as we did last year. I will just have to be creative about the areas that we cover to try and stay under 1000 Sq ft rule. I have ended up with a haunt that is about 25,000 sq ft.

I noticed a lot of you have sponsors. Last year I did not have any, this year I would like to get a few. I have no idea how I should structure different packages, nor what A fair price is to ask.

Also Do any of you have any experience with outdoor haunts? and how do you handle the rainy nights?

Well, I do not want to ask to much at once, I am sure will have more questions for the experts later. I really appreciate everyone helping others on here and hope someday to be answering threads in turn. Thanks

Sponsors are going to come based on your attendance as they want ur customers to see their brand. No customers they have no interest.

Comment

Hmm I think Kelly Allen actual went over some this in his sections on RFR (Rotting Flesh Radio) Did you keep detailed sales records from last year? and do you have alot of haunts or seasonal events near yours? With any kind of attempt at sponsors you have to show the kind of exposure your sponsers would be getting and check and make sure you both have the same demographics of people.
      It does not even have to be as complicated some please get sponsors from building supply companies which basically winds up being an exchange of goods for Marketing. Maybe we can get some of the marketing wiz's that are on this board to give you better answers.
      Proud to be able to work at
      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Working...
      X