Nightmares Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmares Update

I thought I would share with everyone that I am gaining some ground with a possible location. I was a little dissapointed that the building(s) that I wanted to use, is rented out for winter storage. They do however have a building available that is 5,000 sq-ft. However this building has a kitchen and restrooms inside. I am waiting to hear what the new demensions are not including the rest rooms and kitchen. I drew up a space of 5,000 sq-ft, and estamated that I will have anywhere between 2,500 - 4,000sq-ft of space to use.

My other problem is I am not sure of how many doors are in this building to use as fire exits. This building is heated, but has no sprinkler system. I know that these two issues will be the hardest to deal with.

I believe that this building offers enough space for my haunt. At least it's first year(s) open.

As far as how many doors your building has, you mainly wanna focus on having an entry/exit, on two ends of the building. You can build a 4 ft. wide walkway on the outside portion of your haunt, that will act as an emergency pathway for patrons and workers. In whatever way that you design your floorplan, you want to incorporate a pathway connecting to this outside perimeter walkway.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Also, seeing that this building has no sprinkler system is a big setback. If you are inside the city limits, then you can either kiss this building goodbye, or devote a lot of money to get a fire suppression system going. Not to put a big dent in your plans, but with the budget that you have, if your inside the city limits, then it might be very hard to get this project off the ground.

Don't let me get you down though- check with your local fire chief(before you approach you fire marshall). Talk to the chief first. From my experience, this works better than going stright to the fire marshall.
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
      X