Anyone know how to make fake blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to make fake blood?

I am looking for how to make a fake blood that is looking like real. Well, someone send me a recipe how to make chocolate blood and here it is:

½ cup water
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    3 to 4 tablespoons of corn syrup
    ½ to 1 teaspoon red food coloring
    2 drops yellow or green food coloring (optional)

Any idea like that will be appreciated.

Fake Blood

Hi here bis the best and cheapest way to make your blood. This is from the Dick Smith make-up book from Famous Monsters.
    Karo syurup clear
    Mc Cormick red food color
    Flour.
    Mix the Karo syurp and food color till you get the shade you like. If the blood is to thick thin down with water if it looks transparent add flour. This makes a good looking blood but it is a very sticky and messy blood to clean up from. Also do not let this blood come in contact with any cloths you like as it will stain and will not wash out. Hope this has helped. Joel (F X Man) Risberg.

Comment

A variation on the above recipe that I tested against my own blood color by pricking my finger and added flavor as well:

• 1 bottle Karo (or any other brand clear corn syrup)
      • 1 oz red food coloring
      • 15 drops of blue food coloring
      • 11 drops of yellow food coloring.
      • several drops of flavoring of your choice (if using chocolate you will need to use less blue to compensate for the color variation)
      • Sometimes it takes a couple more drops of each color to get just right as drops arent an exact measure per say.

You first pour out about an ounce of the corn syrup and mix in the coloring and flavoring, or mix in a bowl if you want that extra ounce. This is mouth safe as well.

If you want it to stick to you better (without beading up) add an ounce of ivory soap, but this makes it no longer mouth safe (or at least you likely wouldnt want to eat it). Thankfully most corn syrups now come in plastic bottles too....I had an awful experience with a brand new bottle of blood in an attraction when Karo bottles used to be glass. Not the most fun to clean up broken glass mixed in with sticky blood.

Either of the versions can also be slightly watered down depending on your use.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
      X