Michigans WORST haunted houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigans WORST haunted houses

A few co workers and i have decided to list what we think to be the worst haunted houses in the state. Your more than welcome to post your opinion too!
    Last edited by WastelandMike; 08-11-2010, 03:38 PM.
    Mike-The WasteLand

This makes me angry

You should not be wasting our time posting the 'worst haunts' in your state. If you are truely a professional and have noticed room for improvement, offer your services and lend them some constructive critisizm rather than tearing them apart. Seriously? Come on.

We are tight industry. Lets keep it that way. We should be assisting one another and not be ripping apart other events. We all do it because we love haunting.
    "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
    Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
    Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

not cool man...

I agree, this is group of people who respect and care about each other. Tearing others down is not what we're about here. This upsets me that you see fit to bash these haunts simply because they may have flaws, we all have flaws, but this business is about growing, learning and assisting each other to become bigger and better than ever.

How would you like it if we started posting things about your haunt and ripped it a new one? You wouldnt and neither would the dozens of other actors, makeup artists, designers, builders, and management that work alongside you.

In the future if you dont have something nice or constructive to say please dont say anything at all.

Thanks

Jackie
      Rotting Flesh Radio
      “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Now shane is pissed!

So where do these Co-Workers work? Mabye Michigans best haunted house? This is in bad taste! Its clearly an attack on not one but several haunts and its without cause! Let me tell you this these haunts may not have big budgets but who the hell cares if they have the heart and love of haunting? I myself am dealing with daily bitch slaps of were the biggest, baddest, best, this and that so let me ask you a few things.

1. Do you know their budget?
        2. Who made you judge and why?
        3. How long have they been around?
        4. Why have you made only one post and that post is an attack on others ( it always amazes me when "new" people do this shit).
        5. Do you own a haunt and if so where is it and whats the name lets see some comments on it!

Bottom line this pisses me off to no end its totally uncalled for! Shane and its and lastly who are you? I am Shane Dabbs this time!
        sigpic

Comment

Amen, Shane!
          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Gotta agree with the rest of the people here, If you go some place and you think it can be improved offer your services, talk to the owner in an actual conversation express your concerns. Also many charity haunts have next to no budget so many of the details the big boys have will not be there. Being in the area I am at, here in the south east we have allot of what I call Independent Haunts which have no sponsors are not big and well known they are just people whom enjoy the season having fun and spreading the joy of scaring the crude out of someone. There is no way to compare these place to haunts like Netherworld or Atroxx.
            I am sure many of the well known haunts were much smaller and in a different incarnation before. Some haunts grow faster than others. You go to haunt not to judge or compare but to enjoy the moment you’re in. I have been to haunts that some people might hate or dislike but I had a blast at because I try not go with any preconceived notion of what it should be.
            Proud to be able to work at
            http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Seems odd that you would make this your first post...

You're an idiot. Go choke on something.
              Come see what lies BENEATH!
              www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

What a moron for posting that!

We're all on the same team herewe aren't interested in what you think is the worst haunt that's a no class move there.

It's bad enough you got these clowns who couldn't do a good haunt to save their lives going around reviewing negatively other peoples hard work and in some cases their livelihood...

Keep your opinions to yourself especially when it involves major contributors to this board.

DA

Comment

Agree, One thing i have really liked about this forum is the encouragement and lack of anonymous, cowardly, haters.
                  It is awesome that this forum is used to help build up and improve our industry -

No need to hate here, enough of that out there.
                  http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/links.html

Comment

I do not thinks Nox is running anymore. This is obviously someone that works for another haunted attraction. I would guess it is one in the city of Detroit. This person had a post that was removed a couple days ago asking questions about a new web site that has started and claimed to be opening a haunt of his own this year.

This post was placed here mainly to try and upset me. Listing my haunt in a negative way is a typical tactic used by several jealous competitors of mine.

I would just like to point out that Deadly Intentions has been highly rated by almost every source that has ever come through. The Detroit News, The Free Press, Macomb Daily, Warren Weekly, WDIV Vote for the best, Haunted Attraction Magazine, GoreGuide, Zioptis Foundation & Oakland Press just to name a few. What we have always been known for is our over the top, In your face insane actors. It has also been stated that we come up with some of the most original and morbid room ideas that nobody has seen in other attractions. We try to not steal other haunts work or ideas like a lot of other haunts have done to us. As far as our security goes. We have a top notch professional security team who know how to handle any situation that might accure. In 7 years in operation we have never had any insurance claims, severe injuries or major security problems. And finally, our customers are the most important thing to me. That is why we see our loyal customers come back year after year. They post on our forums thru out the entire year. They ask about our characters and are disapointed if one of their favorites are not there on a night they show up. We have offered Customer Appreciation Nights for the last several year. We are the only haunt in our area to do that.

If we sucked as bad as "Mike" Suggests, I do not think we would gearing up for our 8th year of scaring the crap out of Metro Detroit.

I would think Mike would have better things to do with his time right now then to post stupid remarks on public forums. I mean, isn't Spongebob on right now.

Sincerely,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                    Owner
                    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
                    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                    Last edited by Howie Slobber Erlich; 08-11-2010, 01:58 PM.
                    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Well all I got to say is

you asked for it! Shane and its you got it! Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

reasoning

the reason behind posting this was to simply prove a point. That being that alot of people on this forum are hipocritical...I post somthing about my opinion about haunts in MI and every body gets on my case about it...But when a cetain "SENIOR" member posts slander about certain michigan company he gets praise? this seems rather strange to me...Almst everyone to replie to this said we are all in this together and not to judge...but i guess im not shit because when i say my opnion everyone freaks out. I woud like to use this as a valid example that this is not fair.. And this was not my first posting on this site. My 2 other posts were flagged and del;eted due to some over jelous people getting scared about certain things. All i have to say is NOT FAIR!
                        Mike-The WasteLand

Comment

You said it yourself, you aren't shit! Prove your point a different way rather than bash people's haunts on an industry board.

DA
                          Last edited by Darkangel; 08-11-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

the reason behind posting this was to simply prove a point. That being that alot of people on this forum are hipocritical...I post somthing about my opinion about haunts in MI and every body gets on my case about it...But when a cetain "SENIOR" member posts slander about certain michigan company he gets praise? this seems rather strange to me...Almst everyone to replie to this said we are all in this together and not to judge...but i guess im not shit because when i say my opnion everyone freaks out. I woud like to use this as a valid example that this is not fair.. And this was not my first posting on this site. My 2 other posts were flagged and del;eted due to some over jelous people getting scared about certain things. All i have to say is NOT FAIR!
                            Mike-The WasteLand

Comment

Mike if that is your real name. Nobody praised my post about that web site. In fact when I left the post it was removed by the the admin of this web site. I had nothing to with any of your post being removed. Grow up and go build your haunt. If you would like to speak to me about this you may email me @ info@deadlyintentions.com or give me a call @ 248-797-0676

Slobber
                              Last edited by Howie Slobber Erlich; 08-11-2010, 02:18 PM.
                              1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Working...
                              X