Michigans WORST haunted houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Comment Ever

I am not new to haunting but I am new to this forum and to haunting for a living. I have to say this is the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen. Maybe these people you speak of don't have the greatest haunts in Michigan or anywhere else for that matter but they are out there trying and the biggest thing to note about them is they are not on here slamming anyone's haunts or abilities. You are one very unprofessional person and you may very well have just screwed yourself and your business with this little move..:

Comment

Your Haunt vs Negative Comments

Hey Dude, you don't have to defend or explain yourself to any of us. Blow that crap off and have a great year.

Comment

Tacky Comment

Wasteland Mike, even your attempt at an explanation is childish and immature at best. If I lived in Michigan I can promise you, you'd never see me, my family or any of my friends at your haunt simply because of your comment and you may have a great haunt. Like the others have said, Knock of the shit and go build your haunt. You might consider pulling your posting.

Comment

The worst haunt in Michigan is the one I made my parent's garage when I was 9. It totally sucked, but it was hella FUN to make!!

Comment

There needs to be a worse list for every state. So customers wouldnt be wasting there hard earned money on crappy haunts.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Damon, I think taht is a horrible idea! It just gives other haunt owners a place to bash each other. Besides one mans "crap" is another mans treasure. Different people like different things. Some poeple love haunts that only have animatronics, while other people think they are not scary what so ever. Some like intense haunts, others like family friendly shows. It is all a matter of opinion. I get bashed all the time that I refuse to spend thousands of dollars on props and animations. I prefer to make my own props and save some money. Is my haunt the most detailed in the area? NOPE. We do detail certain rooms every year but we like the old fashioned type of scares so we keep it old shcool. Our customers ove our brand of terror while others go to the more detailed haunt 20 miles away. Just depends on what you like.

Slobber
              Last edited by Howie Slobber Erlich; 08-13-2010, 02:19 PM.
              1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

I dont mind a bit of competition, but bashing haunts to me is downright wrong. Everyone works hard on their location, and it hurts when people start rumors and such. Alot of competitors dont even set foot on each others property, but are quick to talk trash about each other.

The only time I would not reccomend a haunt is if I have met the owner and their methods of business dont sit right with me. Ive seen corners cut in haunts, but when a blind eye is turned towards large issues, I dont think their hearts are in the right place.

Comment

Slober I agree! Bashing is wrong. But in this area no one is with the times. All other haunts do is bash other haunts. I wish things were easier but there not. There is nothing wrong with keeping things old school. That doesnt make you a bad haunt. But around here other haunters need to grow up and quit talking crap on other haunts and learn if you help one another you both can suceed! I wish everything was as cool as on here really! But its not!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Damon might be on to something actually. While I think making a list for the public to see is not ideal I do think it's also an industry problem that there are haunts in every market that do a terrible disservice to the industry by putting out horrible haunts at a big price which does nothing but hurt all haunters ultimately. Now people are saying they are trying and not all haunts have large budgets but sometimes there is no excuse for deliberately investing nothing in their haunts and charging as much or more than the top haunt in their market.

Guest will be misled and visit these fast buck Freddy haunts and be turned off from visiting other and more professional haunts in their area. This is a big problem I think many of us have experienced...

DA

Comment

Just FYI... I don't know the haunts you are talking about is they are scam artist haunts or haunts with owners who care about what they are doing.

As I stated before every city and every town has haunts and owners who are doing this to make a fast buck... shame on them. However there are also haunts out there that might not be great NOW but 2 or 3 years from now might surprise you.

My first haunt SUCKED to high heaven who's didn't... looking back all of our haunts started off on the iffy side. People can get better and most who love what they do will get the seminars, videos, magazines, visit haunts, and learn.

There is a future for anyone who is doing it for the right reasons.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Shame on you Mike.
                        ~Bill Mlinac
                        The Deadland Haunted House
                        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Larry I TOTALLY agree. When we first started we thought the haunt was awesome. But looking back and seeing what we did then and what we do now...yeah it was lame then. All haunt owners need to realize that it takes time to learn and grow from their first experience. But yeah...Larry...I AGREE!!

Comment

Now that we all have made it clear that this person has done wrong, I would personally suggest that we head the urge to comment further on this topic. They said their peace and we shared our opinion. The more we post about it will just feed the negative energy to those who take the time to post such threads.
                            "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                            Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                            Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                            X