No announcement yet.

Michigans WORST haunted houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never even heard of Panic at Mayhem Manor. Also, I don't think Nox has ran in a few years. I've heard pretty good things about the other two depending on what you like in a haunted house. I haven't been to either of them but I think Bill has.
    Jared Layman

Comment

slobber, in no way was i trying to put down your haunt, i was simply reporting data that was gathered from a few of my co workers. I understand that you had nothing to do with the removal of the post. Sorry for any offence i have made. I will remove the post asap.

Mike
      -The Wasteland Haunted Attraction
      Mike-The WasteLand

Comment

This is terrible

Can we all support each other please and think positive. Halloween is only a couple months away. Larry, let's drop this post, please...............

Comment

I agree! We need to support this industry, thats for sure. I had someone ask me the other day, "How competitive are the haunts in your area?" I told him I hope that all of the haunts in the area support each other. In fact I handed out flyers to another haunt in my town last year. I hate to hear anyone badmouthing another haunt anywhere. I also hate to hear actors from one haunt talking trash about another haunt in their town. That has happened here in Longview. It is sad, very sad. The person I was talking to is planning on opening a haunt in Dallas this year and I hope he gets support from the industry, from all of us. We are in this because we love haunting. We all have the same thing in common, love of the season. That is my 2 cents........ Happy Haunting!!!
          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

maybe you should use that energy to make yours better

I am not going to get on your case, or call you a moron.

Just learn from what they are doing wrong and make sure you are not doing any of those things in your haunt. If you want to help them, then maybe quietly share your oppinoions with them.

If you just don't like them, then don't share anything with them, and let them keep maiing mistakes and like I said, make yours better from the thngs you have learned.

When pepole are negative on here, it just makes you look bad, or lacking of confidence. Might even make enemies that could have maybe help you in some way.

I have helped in a haunt for several years, but am in my first year of running my own haunt. I had never buillt props or animatronics, but did a decent job with it, because of people aswering my questions on here.

Comment

Perhaps rather then making a worst list it would have been better to create a "could use improvement list". Haunt owners spend ALOT of time as I hope I will and don't wanna make ur D list which is why they're offended.

Comment

why not to trash the next guy

Everyone does need to support the next guy because when a patron goes to xyz haunt alot of times they get the impression that, that is how all haunts are. If they had a great time then they my try the one down the road, if they felt that it wasnt worth the time and the money then they wont go to the next one....so we need to support each other to make each other better because believe it or not your neighbors haunt is actually in a way advertising for yours 5 miles down the road....Why do you think Larry and all of these haunt orgainizations have put so much time and effort not to mention money in trying to improve on the industry as a whole....my 2 cents

Comment

the customers will decide what is best/worst

I agree with the constructive comments about being positive. Ultimately, the customers will vote with their money which haunts are good or otherwise.

One year we had a haunt open less than a mile from the corn maze and haunt we were doing. He came down and traded flyers and then proceeded to slam us in his radio ads and didn't put our flyers up. This guy was disgusting. We went through his haunt and knew it wouldn't last. After two seasons he didn't return for a third. My customers told me that their kids were hesitant to even buy tickets from him because he smelled so bad of alcohol.

The customers voted with their money, like nearly always.

We try to be friendly with all the haunts in the area. Many of them trade visits with us. When we go to another haunt, sometimes my people will make critical comments and I remind them that they need to be respectful and constructive.
                  Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                  Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

"That Guy Down The Road"

If he's doing a terrible crappy job of entertaining people, and his place's name is right next to yours on an advertisement, some customers will not make the distinction, they will spread the greif equally over you both.
                    Been there.
                    Not happy about it.
                    It is very hard to give constructive criti-schism to someone who spent their life's savings already on their haunt.... and it was only $1.98...and then the rule said only 50 words to describe your haunt, which I did, then they gave the $1.98 guy 100 words and some people being "people" knew his would be better because they gave him more "ink"! hahahaha! Joke was on them.
                    But I got to hear about over and over from the customers they wronged.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

metro

Somone just said that the haunts support eachother in their area, but we all know in metro Detroit all the haunts are very compeptive with eachother
                      Mike-The WasteLand

Comment

Competitive does not mean screwing with other haunts.

Every year we have our competitors throw out our flyers anytime they see them at a location. Every year we have competitors try to cause us problems with the city. Every year we have other haunts come up and go through our attraction only to bash us for this or that all over the net. Every year I have one competitor who has nothing better to do than have his people call our hotline and leave BS messages. Every year we have a competitor come up and try to leave flyers on our customers cars. Every year we have competitors come up and unplug or vandalize our signs and banners. It is ridiculous! I do not do these things to my competitors. I have warned my entire staff not to do these types of things. There are only a few haunts in the area, that stoop to these childish antics. We do not associate or recommend these haunts to anyone.

We have a good relationship with all the other owners. We are always glad to do flyer exchanges or anything else to cross promote each others haunts. A few bad apples make it seem like Michigan haunts are out to cut each others throats. Slowly those haunts are disappearing.

Hopefully the new haunts that are creeping into the market will try and be more civil with each other and help make the haunt capital of the world a more friendly and entertaining place to visit for all of our customers.

Slobber
                        Last edited by Howie Slobber Erlich; 08-12-2010, 11:55 AM.
                        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Sad

It's horrible to see someone bad mouthing other attractions...

Is this something that happens alot in other states?

I've haunted in Michigan for 11 years and have witness several of these experiences.

I'm not going to name the Haunts obviously, but some businesses make it a habit to verbally bash everyone in their competition, instead of letting their haunts speak for them.

Is this kind of childish waring just the nature of the beast? Or is it just a Michigan thing?

(and I don't mean any harm or offense till any of Michigan's Attractions, just something I've noted over the years)
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Howie i completly agree with your last post. I wish that Metro Detroit could stand together to help one another in the industry
                            Mike-The WasteLand

Comment

I love Sue and her forever-maternal posts! !!! **peace in the middle-east**
                              O'Shawn McClendon
                              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Hey I'm going to be the first one to say the other haunts here in St. Louis SUCK TO HIGH HEAVEN... because they DO! This is my opinion and I take it because it offends me that some people will spend nothing on their haunts and spent tons of money and advertisement claiming how great they are how they are the best, how whatever...

Every year some fly by night attraction opens and scams people, opens haunts that are unsafe, lies about what they offer, or whatever. It offends me to no end...

However let me say I ignore these haunts, I don't post about them on my website, comment about them in my media, interviews or whatever, I hear customers say they felt ripped off, whatever... all I can do is keep doing what I do best and present my attractions as what they are not what they are not...

I think every city has fly by night haunts who give the rest of you and us a bad name but the best thing to do is ignore them... as for what haunts youv'e named I do not know if they are great, good, or whatever...

I just know its best to ignore haunts that you feel are scamming people or haunts who are your competition slamming them will do no good.

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X