Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input wanted about testing the limits of a new market...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input wanted about testing the limits of a new market...

Brad and I run Ultimate Fear Haunted House. Last year was our first year in a market that puts roughly 500-600k people within a 60 mile radius of our event. We brought in 5,200 people in our first season on a fairly small advertising budget. I arranged some community basically free advertising things, then just a base set of radio ads during September and October.

Well this year we completely remade the event, and we feel it will be a top notch event(thread coming soon)! This year I feel as though we are an experiment into a new market and wanted to share our results with everyone here. With the slight success we had last year we decided to blow the roof off of the marketing budget this year. By the time we are done we will literally have almost quadrupled our marketing budget compared to last year. Our radio ads started August 1, and our web hits are already starting to increase dramatically over last year. Too soon to tell what the outcome will be obviously, but just curious if anyone has any comments on your haunts past growth from year 1 to 2 or whatever year you consider your breakout year.

I feel as though we are testing the limits of the market to OUR max, just hope the market tests us back with an overwhelming crowd flow!
    Last edited by zachary; 08-15-2010, 08:27 PM.

To Me It Seems..

That 3rd year is usually very good, then it maxes out then or a year or two later, just about the time the temptation to spend alot of that money on super expensive display pieces hits the hardest.
    But, what do I know?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I feel with our advertising schedule we have a chance to make this a breakout year...its making me nervous and excited at the same time! Literally going for broke on this one!
      Last edited by zachary; 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X