Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW fullbody zombie costume from Grave Yard Prop Shop (feed back please!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW fullbody zombie costume from Grave Yard Prop Shop (feed back please!!)

looks great!! i want one, for my haunt.. if you can make it a little lower cost then the other ones out there. u will sell a lot. i dont think you knocked off anyone suite, yes they look some what the same... if anyone build a suit like this, it would look a lot like yours and the other places that make these(its a skeleton suit) but there is nothing wrong with seeing an idea making something like it better or cheaper, thats what America is built on... other wise there would be no usps, fed/ex.ups and so on. we one only ship from one place, if you wanted a burger, you would be stuck with burger king only... more power 2 u

thanks jay and yen

Comment

I like the costume.

As a guy who is currently being ripped off...I am very sensitive to the issue. I will say that there definitely are some likenesses there, no doubt about it...but I think there are some differences too. Enough to make it it's own piece, I guess that's for everyone else to judge. I think that we all can bee too sensitive in some instances to idea rip-offs but at the same time there are some really morally bankrupt people out there who are willing to do whatever it takes to anyone it takes to get what they want. Ogre seems like a genuine person and someone who didn't mean malice to Spookywoods. I do agree that any attempts to make the piece more unique would be great to see.

You guys appear to have some real talent. In the future, be very mindful of what everyone else in the industry is doing and really strive for uniqueness. Keep up the good work.
      Kip Polley
      www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
      We Engineer Fear

Comment

Nice work. The tarman zombie is one of the great film characters missing from the modern haunted house mental space. I can’t wait to see how you top this costume off. I have never seen anyone really capture that tarman look in the mask. Looks great so far!
        http://www.innerfears.com/
        http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

The tar man zombie is pretty cool I would like to see that.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

some more pics. do to time restrictions we were unable to sculpt hands so Thanks to spookywoodsFX for coming to the rescue. we are inthe process right now of sculpting hands as well as a whole new unique costume idea
            Attached Files
            Tim McCall

Comment

I like anything costumes... more companies need to produce costumes.

I say go for it...

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

video

here are some vids of our tar man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4I1_61CC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLoAVJHozCg
                Tim McCall

Comment

I believe what Allen and Kip mentioned were the similarities in the the look, generalized feel and the way the adhesion was executed, from the arm bones to the chest piece, over-all.
                  When I created our costumes I set out to create a costume that had not been accomplished prior. Something that looked great and at the same time would be extremely easy to get in and out of in a way that had not been done before and all with no make-up needed.. We even added a small zipper in the front... For the guys ;-)
                  Fortunately, Krystal had the for-sight to get with an attorney that specialized in "infringement type situations. We had to present, of course, our time line of the creation of the costume, from sculpting, molding, casting, painting and the way all the pieces were adhered to the suit. I'm glad we found him because now we have someone to go to to handle a situation should we feel threatened :-)

I'm glad the gloves worked out the way you needed them to. Everything came together nicely.........

Comment

Just as an aside to this conversation and to inform those who might not know, A lot of people who don't build costumes think that a 1000 dollar price range sounds outrageously high, but if you build your own & start adding up all of the material costs, not EVEn including the long hours of engineering & labor, you'll be surprised at how fast the costs of a full suit add up. Base layers of clothing, rubber, silicone, casting materials,tools, paint, adhesives, notions, hair/cloth for top layers, expendibles -start adding these up and you are well into the high 100's of dollars. Some folks freak at the costs of full silicone masks, not realizing how much of that costs is the silicone itself!
                    I think your suit looks great & not all that similar to Spookywoods. We all have the same bone structure in our bodies, so there is not that much we can do about changing THAT fact. I build full suits for our show too and my bones looks like every other skeleton.
                    I'm with Larry tho, the more (honest) vendors, the better!
                    missjayne
                    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                    http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

I love it . The tarman is cool. great job!!!
                      I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

first, thank you all for the kind words. the guys and i worked hard on this. secondly i will never bash another company bc everyone brings something differnt to our industry and are amazing at what they do. i work in this industry but more importantly im a fan of this industry. in fact the suit shown above by spookywoods blows my mind. as far as im concerned they are one of the top in the industry and i hope to be on there level one day. the quality of there product is phenominal. like i said we got 2 pair of the gloves and they are built to last, look great and theyre just sexy lol. hopfully the suits from the Grave yard prop shop will take off and you guys will have trust in our company. we have new and exciting things coming out for Transworld so stay tuned
                        Tim McCall

Comment

Kip,
                          I am sorry to hear you are having problems with dishonest vendors.
                          But it does seem that when you have an industry that is open to everyone like this industry is you gets some serious bad eggs.
                          The only way to get around these individuals is buyers not buying from them.
                          But you are an engineering guru. Use your best skills to push you ahead and set yourself apart from others.

Ogre,
                          The tar man is one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite movies of all time and I think you did a great job.
                          I have been in this industry for over 25 years, and latex based costumes have been around since the early days. They have flowed in and out of use for that whole period of time. We have our own gwar style versions. So as long as you are conscious of your actions and what you are making and working hard to be as original as possible then that is really the best you can do.

Just try to be original and make the best product possible while providing the best customer service possible.
                          The single best thing you can do to provide good customer service is always answer your phone. and return emails the same day.
                          And be honest about timelines, deadlines, and your production schedule.
                          Dont tell people what they want to hear.
                          Give them the truth.

And everyone will be happier.
                          Kevin R. Alvey
                          info at gore-galore.com
                          www.gore-galore.com
                          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Just start eating low-fat brains and take long zombie walks.lol.
                            Originally posted by TheMonsterMaze View Post
                            Nice! Hopefully there will be plus sized costumes for us really, really fat zombies... :-)
                            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Ogre , your Tarman costume is AWESOME !!!

Sounds like you need to get busy and make a few of these

Looks like SpookywoodsFX is no longer in the Biz ... ?

Funny how he said in a nice way that you copied their costume and
                              had a Lawyer for things like this . hmmmmmmmm?

Its a good thing because they are going to need that Lawyer for something else !!!!!

Good Luck with the costume !!! and also take the advice of Gore Galore ....

Casey ............. CREEP HOUSE
                              Last edited by creep house; 09-28-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

The costume looks great. And keep doing what you are passionate about and stay your course. there will always be those who hate you and those who love you. Well love may be a bit of a strong word, but you are doing a great job.

Comment

Working...
                                X