Critter Crunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critter Crunch?

I am trying to look for something that can be used to give an effect of stepping on roaches etc. Or a DIY way to make the sound as people walk through a haunt. Thanks

I believe it's Oak Island that sells Critter Crunch!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

green roaches

You could line the hallway/room with the new green Sun chip bags. They give off plenty of snap crackle and pop and they're biodegradable.

Comment

Bucket of Raunchy Roaches
        2” long, made of rubber and comes in a reusable storage bucket filled with over 500 roaches.

Oak Island. 99 bucks though.

I've actually heard of haunts using peanut shells.... IDK personally I think it would be too crunch though....

Comment

We were also looking for Critter Crunch and aparently OAK ISLAND does not make the product anymore (or carry it, rather) from what they told me at Transworld.
          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

The two things that I have heard of people using are bubble wrap or kitty litter.

Comment

Walnut shells, trust me I bought this my first yr in business and was shocked when I got it. Also if you want to do another use cut up truck tires. I just threw mine out last week.

Comment

Critter Crunch

Greetings~

How 'bout "Corn flakes" or "Puffed rice" (go to the dollar store near you or a bulk outlet and you'll find it rather cheaply and it doersn't take much) ..I have used that quite a few times.. it seems to give "just the righ crunch" ... if used correctly ..

Granted ,yes its a bit of a clean up .. but it also bio degradable.

This would also depend on the area you would be using it in .

Just my Thoughts.

~Jeff

Comment

Good ideas, I would need alot of walnut shells.

Comment

if you need roaches...

http://www.thethingsthatgobumpinthenight.com

has 500 cockroaches for $85
                    Michael Bruner

The National Haunters Convention - OVER 100 vendor booths!
                    Valley Forge, PA
                    http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com

The Cadavers Cotillion
                    http://www.cadaverscotillion.com

Get behind the scenes tours to the best haunted attractions!
                    http://www.haunttour.com

`

Comment

Walnut shells

This idea always seemed very dangerous to me. Can anybody who has tried this please address the issue of people slipping and sliding on this stuff? Seems that ambulance chasing lawyers drool over the prospect of slip and fall injuries.
                      Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

Packing peanuts maybe?
                        I just loved walking through Busch Gardens with my friend and staring at people... we didn't work there and all we had was face make up. Yet, my friend and I still shook them up.

Comment

Originally posted by spookhaven View Post
                          Walnut shells, trust me I bought this my first yr in business and was shocked when I got it. Also if you want to do another use cut up truck tires. I just threw mine out last week.
                          and where does one BUY walnut shells?
                          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

In the spirit of the advancement of the haunt industry I sacrificied a bag of my wife's egg noodles on the kitchen floor (she was out at the time) . When trodded on they sounded just like a thick carpet of snapping cracking little roach bodies. The brand I used was Pennsylvania Dutch medium egg noodles. Inexpensive and I found the sound to be loud enough so it shoud be heard over most haunted house sounds. I also did a slip test and they do not appear to be slick in their post crunch or pulverized states. Cleanup wasn't too bad and you would just have to replenish your hallway with fresh roach noodles after so many groups had walked through. Or you could always use Sun Chip bags......

Comment

House of Chuckles has the rubber roaches for 15 cents each but I believe you can get wholesale pricing for bulk orders!

Comment

Working...
                              X