Is It Your Favorite Commercial Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Your Favorite Commercial Too?

Hotels.com Where the couple looks out the window of the motel room they just got into and there is this tremendous graveyard! Right up to the back of the motel!
    Look at that graveyard! It looks fantastic! Very populated, very old
    Of course the motel looks pretty creepy too in it's own right.
    the couple goes almost running out! hahahaha!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

That's what I was thinking when I first saw it a few months ago - "How cool would that be!"

Comment

Ditto!

I thought, "Why are they complaining? Man, some people just don't know when they have it good."

Comment

If by chance this scene of the motel & Graveyard were not just computer graphics, just think of the certain kinds of conventions they could have with such a backyard neighbor!
        The sun and moon reflecting off of those gravemarkers during the day or night might make sleeping in those rooms difficult?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I stayed in a 5 star hotel in Kuwait City, looking out our window was a huge graveyard. You could see where gravediggers had been digging and opening up graves. From street level you couldn's see the graveyard because they had it walled in, but from the 16th floor you could see everything.

Comment

Hey, at least the neighbors are quiet.
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

The Mount Carroll graveyard is not very quiet.
              Coyotes sing up there many nights of the month.
              Over a 25 year period I have been told many strange storys by people ranging in age fro 11 to 50 concerning things they have seen in that graveyard.
              A former Chief of Police was terrorized when on duty as he saw a UFO land in that graveyard.
              I look out my west window, there is that graveyard looking down upon downtown Mount Carroll.
              6,400 graves.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Never seen it but it sounds cool! Is there a site you can go to see it?
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Some place on-line there was some stuf concerning the Mount carroll graveyard? Someone began cataloging all the names there but they quit after just the first couple of hundred.
                  I don't remeber where this was located or if they had more than just a couple of pictures.
                  We should add such pictures to our Ravens Grin sight.
                  wqe already have alot of pictures that we could put up thanks to Jessica's Dad and Adam Drendel.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim!!
                    I LOVE that commercial.... and want that room!
                    My wifey is a huge cemetary fan and could spend
                    HOURS walking amongst the stones....
                    Last time we saw that commercial she said something
                    to the effect of "well that would beat standing at the
                    booth for 8 hours".....
                    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

An ex of mine had a "job" working cleaning broken, vandalised tombstones in the old, downtown Tallahassee, Florida graveyard, very interesting stuff there, some very poetic inscriptions, old stones, ex cetra.
                      She had written several articles for newspapers about the different styles of grave markers found mostly in the south.
                      As she was bleaching and hosing off the broken stones so they could be repaired a big bird whacked her across the back of her head, knocking her down!
                      A strange man who I had met earlier that day told her that the bird hitting her meant that "Someone close to you is going to die soon."
                      Then he told me that I should be drinking "Willow Tea" for "Protection".
                      I laughed.
                      That night she got in a panic, drove all around Tallahassee looking for Willow Tea, she found some, insisted that I drink it. (Tasted like crap!)

The next morning her phone was ringing before the sun came up, they were calling to tell her that her Uncle in Texas had died.

Makes you wonder , doesn't it?

A local customer told me their similar story about a bird hitting him in the back of the head and the next day his brother was killed in a car wreck.
                      Welcome to The RAVENS GRIN!!!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My current abode (which I have assured my wife that after the hell I went through moving will be my LAST), is bordered at the back by Evergreen Cemetery here in Louisville. I look at it this way...I've told my wife that we only have neighbors on 3 sides that could make noise and if the ones in the rear start, I'll race her to the car... :shock:
                        "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Since we are sharing cemetary stories one year while I was out of highschool I worked for the city. And basically me and some other friends I worked with got assigned weedeating the local cemetary for the entire summer. Talk about hot and boring but awesome scenery to work around! This is a large cemetary with thousands of stones many dating as far back as the 1800's. Many masoleums as well. But it all became very boring weedeating day to day. It kinda felt like we were digging our own grave out there sometimes.
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

The Nueschwanger brothers were summertime grave diggers but they got very tired of being interuppted by people wanting to know where certain graves were located? (As if they had memorized where 6,400 people were buried?)
                            So they each got a baseball type hat made that said on the front of it
                            "I Am Deaf."
                            They would just point to their hats and keep on working.
                            I might get myself a hat, of course my hat would say,
                            "You Make My Butt Hurt."
                            Point at my hat, keep on working.
                            (Pain in the asp!)
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey I finally saw that commercial last night. Talk about a room with a view! I wish they would have shown a moonlit night scene with fog rolling in can you imagine what that would look like!
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X