Primary Source of Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Source of Income

I'm curious as to how many of you out there do this as a primary source of income? I know there are quite a few that do and that is my plan beginning 2011.

I don't think there are that many, and certainly not on this board. I suppose it depends on your definition of "primary." Even the big names build complete haunts and props for others to suplement their income.

Comment

Ever Since My Pimp Retired..

My only source of income (and out-go!) is my haunt.
      OPEN every night of the entire year and Sat. & Sun. afternoons.
      I own the property, bought it dirt cheap it was total junk I did 98% of all the work here myself over these last 23 years, this is what it has taken to make it work here , for me.
      We don't do gore but there is an actual and true haunted history to this house that has made itself very evident upon many ocassions throughout the years, beginning at least as long ago as 1925.
      I build almost everything seen here, I build nothing for sale away from here..........................
      .......ever since my pimp retired.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Jim, I think your magic coin illusion concisely sums up the answer to this question. Care to explain for those that may not have seen it?
        Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

Haunt stuff is my primary source of income, yes some "haunt stuff" is done for others haunts. There is no "day job" aside from running a haunt park.
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

90% is haunt income!
            And LOVIN almost every minute of it!
            sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Yep...full time Haunter going on 9 years!! But I can only do this because I do everything myself. If I had to pay to have everything done, I'd have to get another job to have money to pay the help!! Also I, like almost every other full time Haunter, put in my dues!! The first few years I was working full time management at Costco (60 hours plus) assisted my wife's business, AND did the Haunt business!! My final year at Costco I ran the haunt Halloween night and then had to open the builkding at 4am!!!

So it can be done, but don't expect an easy road!! Good luck!
              R&J Productions
              Las Vegas, NV
              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

All of my fiance and my income comes from our work through Raven's Wolf. Most of our work comes from the haunt industry, but we also do Christmas attractions and design for several tourist attractions.
                Katie Lane
                Partner/VP
                Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

It also depends on your business savvy too.

Comment

Ask Requested From Dark Attraction:

I bought an optical illusion I am sure many of you have seen, I painted these words on it:
                    "The Monetary Illusion Of The Haunted House Business"
                    It is the 2 plastic saucers with the chromed insides that reflect any object small enough to be centered on the bottom saucer so it seems to be floating in the open hole in the upper saucer.
                    I placed a quarter inside so a floating 25 cent piece is right there but it's NOT!
                    This device originally came with a small pink plastic pig..somebody stole that right away.
                    (The 25cent piece is glued down)
                    Yes, I must be taking in "Millions of dollars " here, just ask a few barstool commandos who know everything (except when to stop imbibing and go home)
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It would be a dream come true if my new haunt could be my primary source but that's not very likely. Graystone Manor was a good haunt that we operated for three years but it too, barely paid the bills. So for me, it's just a hobby that has the potential to make some money.

Vinny
                      www.ArxMortis.com

Comment

Working...
                      X