I need sponsorship help fast!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need sponsorship help fast!!

Great news, but we only have 1 day to decide on what to do.

A Verizon Wireless big whig wants to sponsor us for the year, which could lead to great exposure for us in the region. We heard about the offer today, but we are only given 1 day to figure out what we can do.

Me and Zach are trying to talk about it, but we need some input on different options we can throw out there.

Who here has some good sponsorship experience? What different options can we throw at them?

And they are openning a new location within a few miles of our event, and they want to use us to help get their name out there.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

if you do any outside the haunt videos you can always run a comercial for them made by the haunt. Have a bloodied scared victim in the a darkend area desperatly trying to place a call but getting no signal and zombie appears behind her and drags her off the catch line is after this you flash up Verizon Wireless because everything else is just dead air.
    just the first goof ball idea that poped into my head.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

great idea for a commercial

I am in the biz of creating mostly radio spots and some audio for tv spots on a national level.

All I can say is, bro you should be in the biz. That is the kind of stuff the marketing masterminds are coming up with and making LOTS of money doing it. Great idea!

Most of these ideas are pretty simple, and you see the spots an think, why didn't I come up with that lol?

I came up with a deal for Menard's. They wanted a fresh idea to advertise on a little local radio station I own, they wanted to brand with helping the community. So I came up with them sponsoering the local community public service calandar of events. with the line Menard's, helping to build our community. Simple yeah, they loved it and bought into the plan for a year contract.

Comment

Lol! You got some good ideas soultkr!!

I think I'm doing good on thinking of some good ideas. Just a little nervous since this is the first serious sponsorship offer I've ever dealt with.

Still open to more feedback though!
        Last edited by brad; 08-25-2010, 01:01 AM.
        Brad Bowen
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

To be honest with you I dont' understand your question what you are asking or what is being offered to you... be more clear and I will try to help you.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Sorry Jimmyfish, I overlooked your post. Thanks for the feedback, and I believe that marketing like this is what's gonna set us above the competition.

Some time tomorow afternnon, we should have a good feel of what we're gonna go after.

I'll try to make an update on what we decide on.
            Brad Bowen
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Brad, sent you a private message

Check your messages Brad.
              Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
              Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

I have some marketing experience under my belt. But the bottom line is that the
                deal has to be good for you as well as them. I have seen a few sponsorships
                go bad because the company that was sponsoring just wanted too much or
                kickbacks. IE. are they gonna want a ton of free passes every night etc..
                Goodluck this could be big for ya let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                  To be honest with you I dont' understand your question what you are asking or what is being offered to you... be more clear and I will try to help you.

Larry
                  Larry, to be honest, I dont have much more info than I provided. Zach called me earlier, and thats about all the info we both have.

We have to come up with a few ideas for what we would like to see and recieve. I'm hoping that they will do the same today, and then we can negotiate from there.

This is just the first opportunity with the haunt to work on a sponsorship deal, and I was a little bit nervous about it earlier, so I was hoping to get a few pointers from the more experienced guys on here.
                  Brad Bowen
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Brad,

I have sponsors. What are they offering you?

Comment

Well we know what we are offering them. The possibility of putting 10-20k more people through their new store they are opening here, at least putting the idea into our customers minds. The real question is what can they offer us. Maybe cover part of advertising costs? Put up banners advertising for us in the store, and with every new phone purchase 2 discounted tickets...?

Comment

Here are my thoughts so far
                        We have a waiting room inside our event which holds around 80 people, and every person that goes through the event goes through the waiting room for a certain period of time. Although this is probably the most effective way to reach our guests, it will also be the most expensive, seeing as the waiting room is usually themed to our event and we would have to alter our plans to make your advertising fit in.
                        -In this room we expect to have either a projector or computer screens scrolling through a series of newspaper articles and stories about our legend(back story), we could have an ad or video running between our scenes.
                        or
                        -We could theme this entire waiting room toward the product being marketed/advertised

We use stubbed tickets, so the patron can have a souvenir to take home with them.
                        -you can purchase the back of the tickets and have an entire side for a logo that the customers will take home with them

Direct flier exchange
                        -We can hang a banner and hang out fliers at our event, the same would need to be reciprocated at your event or location.
                        Or
                        - Upon purchase of product or ticket at either event a discount flier is handed out to the other event(People will take a flier and read it, but if it is a discount ticket or product they will be more inclined to go to the event)

INPUT WANTED PLEASE!

Comment

For an update on this.... we are only ble to work with single Verizon store, and that store wont open until Oct 30th. We had a few different ideas for prooting our show within the store, and then more elsewhere.

Since they cannot directly help us with that, they've agreed to pay to put their info and logos on all of our advertising an websites.

We will soon reach an agreement on the sponsor price, and hopefully this will increase our footprint in the community and drive ticket sales.
                          Brad Bowen
                          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Ok, I may be out of my lane here since I don't own a haunt. I am just giving my opinion. But to me, it sounds like you will be helping them more than they will be helping you. Is there logo in your ad campaigns going to help you at all or will it just be helping them? Like I said, I may be wrong for saying something, but it really does sound like you are going to get nothing for this deal. Please, correct me if I am wrong. Not trying to upset anyone here.

Herm

Comment

Hey Herm, not upset at all here, and you are right by us helping them more than they help us.

So we are working on a price to charge them to allow their logos on our advertising.

So our benefit is cheaper advertising as a total.

Hopefully it works out for us.
                              Brad Bowen
                              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                              X