Piranha 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piranha 3D

Did anyone see this movie... was it good or bad. It bombed at the box office and despite this they are rolling out a second one already. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

it did not Bomb it was just not the best at the box office Bombed would be something like water world which lost the studio money. Usually if they are making a sequel of something like this it means the movie made a decent profit.
    Studios like Horror movies because most of them can be made on the cheap side and even with a weak showing in the box office they make a profit.
    I still honestly want to see this movie mostly because it has christopher loyd loved watching him act ever since the Amazing tales tv show.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

The movie cost like 25 million to make plus marketing costs, then take out the theaters and what they keep, blah, blah, blah, blah...

The movie only grossed 10 million now its up to twelve I would guess it will end up around 30 million total... you have to make three times the budget in box office to break even... a movie like this might do very well on dvd or whatever. I'm sure it will make money but it didn't do the typical types of money that a horror movie does opening.

I was just wondering if the flick was any good... did anyone see it?

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Piranha 3D

hello, its jay and yen, we post time to time on here...we live in the city where it was filmed last year, lake havasu city arizona. it did not bomb, it did 2 million less the julia roberts flick.. its at 6 place, not bad for no big name a list stars.. it was good, some great lols on the gore and effects... lots of people screaming in the movie, but like most of you, we make halloween stuff and do a haunted house, so its hard to scare us.. there still is the overseas run on the film, and it got good ratings..sooooo go see it the 3d was great and see it if you like blood and 3d boobs.we saw it 2 times and going again tonight....thanks jay and yen

Comment

It would be awesome to do an underwater theme in a haunted house... that would just be awesome. My brain is turning right now... look out. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Sorry I did not see it but commenting on your underwater theme....HELL YES
            that would be a great idea....Man some of the stuff you could pull off:twisted:

Comment

Haven't seen this movie but I really enjoyed the original. Funny thing is before this movie came out I started buying taxidermy piranha. I am going to mold and cast them then put them into a water element where the water beneath the customers is frothing and bloody and the " rubber piranha" would be hooked to a track system and lung up and down. I also would have an actor fall into the water, surface out of view and release a bloodied skeleton up out of the water to appear he/she had been eaten.

Comment

Saw it...loved it. It was fun. Ridiculous...but fun. Super campy!
                Kip Polley
                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                We Engineer Fear

Comment

Working...
                X