fresh scab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh scab

Ok, I know everyone has a recipe for fake blood. But has anyone cracked the formula for a decent version of fresh scab???
    Thanks
    Dave

I know many have tried but it always ends up not having the exact consistency or melting easily off the actor.

Even though it can be pricey, I do think Ben Nye created the perfect coagulated blood.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

First secret is Cabosil. Next secret is playing with it enough to get it right....also be weary as Cabosil raw is a bit tricky and hazardous to work with if you have a chance of breathing it in...it is by nature a thickener...so you dont want to thicken the fluids in your lungs right?

A friend of mine made a pretty nice batch just a little thinner than Ben Nye's scab, but he had to let it "ferment" for close to a year before getting it just right. He said it was a lot of trial and error with amounts. Your base can be regular corn syrup blood. Again if you attempt this, be very careful!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Thanks I will have to give that a try. Once I do i will update with results.

Comment

Working...
        X