A Theater OF Lost Souls relocating!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Theater OF Lost Souls relocating!!

After haunting the city of Oshkosh, WI for the past 6 years, having to deal with setting up an entire haunted attraction in 22 days time and tearing it down in 15, and the having to store everything in the off season only to have to repeat the whole thing the next year, I am happy to announce that today I have signed a multiple year lease for a year round facility in Manitowoc WI, 50 minuets from my home. I am really excited as the ability of having a year round place will allow myself and my crew to finally be able to spend the proper time on set design and creation. The negotiations have been going on since during Transworld as have the meetings with the city officials as well as other planning meetings, and that is why you have not seen much of me here! The building is fully sprinkled, and features two huge freight elevators and each floor has 15,000 square feet. In 2010, due to the time crunch we will only be haunting the 2nd and 3rd floor, and having our que area on the 1st floor, but plan on a huge expansion to other floors in the future. A professional makeup room will be built as well as a costume and prop room and actors hang out area. We started putting up our 1st walls at the end of June and currently have 90% of the walls up, all air hoses up power run and a few sets started. We still have a lot of work to do but are really excited about this new chapter.
    Attached Files
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Bar run this past weekend

BTW, this past weekend, we took a night off from building and a bunch of us piled in the hearse and stopped at a few bars in full costume and handed out fliers. Nothing so fun as seeing people trying to figure out why these weirdos are out in costume in August, but we handed out a bunch of fliers and had a lot of pictures taken and a lot of questions and excitement built...
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats man good luck!

DA

Comment

great looking building, man

creep factor a 10 plus (from the outside) Good Luck in your new location!

Comment

Ya, the inside is also pretty cool. We wanna get a photographer out there to do some spooky night shots. BTW< we are changing our name to NIGHTMARE FACTORY HAUNT

Comment

Very Cool congrats...What a "fresh slate"

Comment

Congrats! That is wonderful that you have a permanent "home" now!
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Good luck Ron!

Comment

Wow, awesome building! Good luck, that looks like an incredible location. It will be great not to have to tear down this year.

Have fun and thanks for sharing!

Eric
                  www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I still can not believe its true and we still have a lot of work ahead of us to make it happen, but each day we get closer. Alos, yes, not having to tear down is a big pus, but also considering that in yeras past the 1st wall went up 9/8 or so and we already have almost all the walls up and airlines run is a dream come true. I am havinga crew there this Sat and Sunday will be a big day. We are going to finish putting the base color on the walls that are bare and then start distressing them and putting up or camo netting and erosion etc....

Comment

Ron

Looks great man I totally dig it! You have the perfect location! I love when these old buildings have new life brought into them. Shane and its good luck my friend! Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great building! Congrats and good luck this season! I sent you an email to your juno account!
                        Best,
                        Bill Rod.
                        Bill Rod.
                        Dark Tech Effects
                        Automated DMX Lighting
                        Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

It seems like so many perfect locations are landing in the bloody hands of some very deserving souls. I wish you the very best! The second pic looks like the set of P2 already. Move in 40 cars and a homicidal maniac and you've got another floor done. Are you planning on using the freight elevators to transport guests and do you plan to video the haunt construction from the beginning and maybe release a nuts and bolts dvd on how to build a haunt?

Comment

Actually great question. Yes, we have been documenting every step and I will be releasin a DVD on every step I can think of. We have already started editing, and the DVD will cover from laying the haunt out on graph paper, to laying out the floor plan at the site, to how to build a wall how to join two walls together. Basically everything I have learned in 7 years.....

Comment

awesome building ron cant wait to go check it out this year. maybe stop down to check it out someday while building. i would be available some nights if you ever need help also just give me a call or shoot me an email
                              920-609-1228
                              prebleftbll82@yahoo.com
                              Kyle Guillette
                              Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Working...
                              X