No announcement yet.

Need some Crazy! ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are a few pics of some of the sets' we have been working on for the old mineing town section of the haunt...there not painted or framed out just the cut outs and simple detail work the rest will be done on location...

Last edited by nOrTHeRn TouCh; 09-20-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I'm not Allen but this is how you do an endless mine: http://hauntproject.com/projdetail.a...ory=Bottomless Pits

Many haunters use plexiglass for safety, price and weight considerations. If you want to make it big, you may find that glass and a real mirror are the way to go. You might be lucky enough to find a large mirror in an empty store that you can borrow. Coming across a big two-way mirror may be too much to ask for so you can always take the easy way out and use mirror window tint for the near end of the effect.

Comment

I have looked for that tint up here & never found any that works...

Comment

I did all my shafts with 55gallon drums.
          cut the bottom out
          Drill a hole in the side for a light (that will be repeated in the illusion)
          install an appropriate light source (small lantern with a flicker bulb)
          make the inside look like a shaft, I mixed a half bag of vinyl patch concrete and rolled the barrels around to coat the inside, It worked well
          put a mirror on the bottom and glass with the mirror film on the inside.
          http://www.thesunshieldpros.us/Windo...ow-film.html#1
          If its going down you can do an endless ladder also.
          The first mirror film I tried didnt look that good untill I saw the effect at night with the light on inside the barrel.
          these can be tunnel off shoots with boards over them stopping the partons from trying to enter, or can be put behind the window portion of a closed door.
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

You'd be surprised the kind of old equipment you can be GIVEN if you call/inquire a local mining company in Ontario. They will often have old mine cars and such that have been parted out and have been sitting for a while. Most of the time they have natural rust and would be perfect for a mine scene. They obviously don't always have old/unwanted parts on hand, but if you catch them at the right time...

Comment

Ya there are tons of mine in my area Sudbury in the Mine Cap. of the world... I have contacted a few spots just waiting on some things. we got tons of old miner hats and coverals as well as some old pick axes and shovels... we are waiting on some larger items...

Comment

Well I have been crazy busy!!! we got all the stuff moved in today, and will be moving in all our other equip. in the next few days... I went down tonight and got most of the facade and store up all post some pics soon. With are time delays we really have to move now we plane to open OCT.8th...

Comment

Here are a few pics of the facade and a bit of the frame work... Were waiting for our new load of plywood so we only framed things out for easy set-up of the walls...

more pics to come!

Comment

Here are a few more pics...We are moving in all the props & equip. this weekend and hopefuly by Mon. we will have all our Ply on site. It was donated by one of our sponsers so I am not going to push it lol...

Last edited by nOrTHeRn TouCh; 09-28-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

a few more...

Comment

well looks like tou have a good space to do an under ground thing or a mine shaft

Comment

some updates! build pics

Well we have been very busy building and set things up we got all the sound equip. in today all the frount side of the haunt is done! we are now going to paint and start all the detail work and put in all the air lines and lighting...

here are some updated pics of the store Facade and some inside shots...

Last edited by nOrTHeRn TouCh; 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

here are a few inside shots....

Last edited by nOrTHeRn TouCh; 10-04-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

here are a few more...

actor controled electric chair!

the top 2 pics are my little devils helping Dad...
                              Last edited by nOrTHeRn TouCh; 10-04-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

this will be the med lab! a real mess right now lol

Last edited by nOrTHeRn TouCh; 10-04-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X