Spinning Tunnel *Vortex* Black Hole For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning Tunnel *Vortex* Black Hole For Sale

I bought a Black Hole, Vortex Spinning Tunnel a few months ago and now won't be using it this season. So I've decided to sell. It's 20' long with the "starfield" rotating background. It's in good condition and comes with everything you need to setup including all hardware, rings, fabric, black lights etc....Selling for only $4,000. Located near Tennessee / North Carolina border. I can even deliver within a reasonable distance if you pay for gas $. SOLD
    Last edited by Woo25; 01-26-2012, 12:47 AM. Reason: sold

any pics...and is it all together right now or taken apart and what town in Tenn..thanks Howard

Comment

it is broken down, ready for shipment. Located near Knoxville. No pictures of it setup...but you're getting exactly what you think. No surprises here.

Comment

Not all tunnels are the same

Just curious... what company did this originally come from?
        Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

If its using the name "Black Hole" it was made by Effectech in Colorado
          Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bizub View Post
            If its using the name "Black Hole" it was made by Effectech in Colorado
            He called it a Black hole vortex spinning tunnel in the listing. That covers every manufacturer except Oak Island...

Comment

GEP calls theirs Vortex Tunnel. I thought "Black Hole " was exclusive to Effectech because it looked like a logo on their trailer. My bad
              Mike Bizub

Comment

You are correct. But the original ad states...

Originally posted by Woo25 View Post
                I bought a Black Hole, Vortex Spinning Tunnel a few months ago...
                There are major differences between the GEP "Vortex" and the EffecTech "Black Hole". i figured, since there were no pictures, potential buyers might want to know exactly what is being offered.

Comment

If any serious buyers have any specific questions, I put my phone number for a reason. Please just call me and we'll talk through it. Maybe I should just change the title to "spinny-dizzy thing u can walk thru, and ppl think is cool". That wouldn't ruffle any feathers.

I've had a few trade offers, but I am only looking to sell right now. Thanks for the offers though!

Comment

Simplification

I'm not sure anyone has had their feathers ruffled. Just wanted a simple answer to a simple question. Is it made by GEP or Effectech?

Either way, it seems like a fair deal for a new tunnel.

I was just trying to help and ended up confusing the issue I guess!
                    Last edited by Dark Attraction; 09-01-2010, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Oh Oh, I have been looking for "Spinny-Dizzy, they are very rare.
                      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I think you're confusing the "spinny-dizzy" with the "whirly-twirly". The Spinny Dizzy rotates clockwise, which is rather common, whereas the whirly-twirly rotates COUNTER clockwise (which is more rare (which is to say, less common)).

On a more serious note, I was interested to learn that the counter clockwise direction is more effective in the USA, although the difference is not universal (noticed by 20% more respondents in a randomized test). At least, that's what a 1981 MIT Physics graduate student study claimed. (Your state tuition subsidies hard at work!) It found that counter clockwise spinning tunnels made people "noticeably" more dizzy in the northern hemisphere, while the clockwise ones make people dizzier in the Southern hemisphere. They hypothesized that the phenomenon was caused by the "Coriolis effect", which basically states that if the ordinary Newtonian laws of motion of bodies are used in a rotating frame of reference, an inertial force--acting to the right of the direction of body motion for counterclockwise rotation of the Earth (as experienced above the equator), or to the left of one's direction for clockwise rotation of the Earth (as experienced by those below the equator)-- would effect the equations of motion and therefore, effect one's degree of motion sickness.

Interesting caveats include: people near the equator showed no difference in effect (a 48/ 52 difference, within the 3% margin of error). Also, (and this is interesting for people wanting to duplicate the effect) the tunnel must be facing directly North and South (not East/ West or N/E, N/W). The spin of the tunnel is determined by an observer facing North (like a map) and entering the tunnel from the Southern End.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of this study when our tunnel was built, and it was installed facing N/West and can't be moved without completely redesigning and rebuilding a lot of pathways. That's a real pity, because it already spins counter clockwise, and we otherwise could have enjoyed the full effect (if "enjoyed" is the right word to describe making people more nauseous!) Then again, we're in Florida, closer to the equator than most states, so the difference would probably be minimal. (At least, that's how I rationalize it.)
                        Last edited by monsterwax; 09-03-2010, 09:46 PM.
                        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Sorry but I just got this comment was interested in it but now I'm already up here in Franklin NC with out my truck thanks anyway...

Comment

When your right, your right. It was a "whirly-twirly" that I was looking for, a man that knows his tunnels.
                            Originally posted by monsterwax View Post
                            I think you're confusing the "spinny-dizzy" with the "whirly-twirly". The Spinny Dizzy rotates clockwise, which is rather common, whereas the whirly-twirly rotates COUNTER clockwise (which is more rare (which is to say, less common)).

On a more serious note, I was interested to learn that the counter clockwise direction is more effective in the USA, although the difference is not universal (noticed by 20% more respondents in a randomized test). At least, that's what a 1981 MIT Physics graduate student study claimed. (Your state tuition subsidies hard at work!) It found that counter clockwise spinning tunnels made people "noticeably" more dizzy in the northern hemisphere, while the clockwise ones make people dizzier in the Southern hemisphere. They hypothesized that the phenomenon was caused by the "Coriolis effect", which basically states that if the ordinary Newtonian laws of motion of bodies are used in a rotating frame of reference, an inertial force--acting to the right of the direction of body motion for counterclockwise rotation of the Earth (as experienced above the equator), or to the left of one's direction for clockwise rotation of the Earth (as experienced by those below the equator)-- would effect the equations of motion and therefore, effect one's degree of motion sickness.

Interesting caveats include: people near the equator showed no difference in effect (a 48/ 52 difference, within the 3% margin of error). Also, (and this is interesting for people wanting to duplicate the effect) the tunnel must be facing directly North and South (not East/ West or N/E, N/W). The spin of the tunnel is determined by an observer facing North (like a map) and entering the tunnel from the Southern End.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of this study when our tunnel was built, and it was installed facing N/West and can't be moved without completely redesigning and rebuilding a lot of pathways. That's a real pity, because it already spins counter clockwise, and we otherwise could have enjoyed the full effect (if "enjoyed" is the right word to describe making people more nauseous!) Then again, we're in Florida, closer to the equator than most states, so the difference would probably be minimal. (At least, that's how I rationalize it.)
                            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by monsterwax View Post

Thanks for sharing this knowledge. We are renting a 40 ft. tunnel which has the capability of spinning each half in either direction. We also just happen to be setting it up North to South
                              Mike Bizub

Comment

Working...
                              X