Fog that won't set off fire alarms???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog that won't set off fire alarms???

Are there any fog solutions out there created specially to work in buildings with very sensitive fire alarms?? We aren't planning on using a lot of fog in our haunt, but each time we fill our building up with fog it trips our sensors. Any ideas???
    Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
    www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

We have the same problem down stairs where the roof is only like 17 feet tall. We have been able to use Froggys Fast Dissipating Fog with some good results, when it comes out for a limited sort of effect rather than overall fogging. Also...It Disspates!

Thanks!
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

We had used heat detectors in the past in place of smoke detectors for some rooms. I would have to inquire a bit on where we got them and how they were hooked up. But that MIGHT be an option depending on what your fire marshal allows
      Last edited by Kelly Anderson; 09-01-2010, 09:35 AM.
      Kelly Anderson
      Owner- Halloween Undercroft
      http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
      Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Our fire marshall will not let us use heat detectors. He told us that our sprinklers serve that purpose.

We installed the same smoke detectors that are used by Disney and Universal. They have sensitivity settings. Ours are set to the lowest sensitivity and they only go off when the air conditioning is on as the fog gets circulated through the detectors. They do not go off when the air is not moving.

If we can get away from using the air during the run we will be okay, but on the other hand our fire marshall is not too thrilled with the use of fog in general so we shall see. Also our ceilings are only 12' tall.
        Kevin
        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

what would happen if you use small fans mounted up top to keep the fog blowing back down? are they smoke detectors only or do they detect co2 as well?
          if you need a low lying fog I guess you could use dry ice but I have no idea how much dry ice costs these days. most fog machines basiclaly heat a glycern water mixture which causes the fog effect have you tried adding coolers to those foggers to try to keep it lower and then use the froggys quick.
          Those are the only idea I got atm.
          Proud to be able to work at
          http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Small bursts...

..under an open window. The detector never went off and it was only about 8 feet away.
            A very low ceiling too.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X