Need some ideas for our theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some ideas for our theme

I run a Haunted House at a university each year and we just had our planning session of the semester with the student volunteers and the theme that was decided on is that of a Haunted Cruise.

I'm a little leery of the idea for the simple fact that we are building it in a basement and not somewhere with a view of the outdoors.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to turn a basement into a haunted cruise ship?

Thanks for your help!

I'll be posting with room specific questions later
    ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

Why not have the hallways between each "set" be like a cruise ship with water sounds and seabirds and such, but each set/ scene is a "port of call", that way the cruise ship theme is just a vehicle to get you to different locations, I can imagine a head hunter island set, and several others that could be "fear ports".
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

That might work. I know they had some good room ideas like the steerage section, the boiler room of the ship, captains quarters, that sort of thing I'm just struggling with how to design my layout in a basement.

Comment

You could also go "posidon adventure" on them and do lots of sideways rooms and such.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Me and my other haunt manager were talking about doing sideways rooms but neither of us have ever actually done them before. Do you know where some good tutorials are on doing them?

Comment

You could set your walls up to look like the wall in a cruise ship, with the port holes and such have almost like a stormy weather scene painted on the window and the sideways rooms. For your sideways rooms heres my thought on that, now bare with me and let me know if you get lost, but i would take at least 2 palletsand nail them together but turn them sideways so that front where you put the jack to lift them up is on the sides. take a 7-8 peice of steel tubing enough to hold a few hundred pounds and drill a hole in the center of the pallet on the side. So if your looking at the pallets now the tube should be at the bottom this way the set up will tilt to the left or right when stood upon maybe put some springs on the ends underneath to give it the slow tilting effect like being on a ship alsoo build like a step or 2 to hide the pipe and so no one trips and build hand rails too this way groups have something to grab on to and repeat steps on other side and wa la . If your confused at at im sorry tried drawing ya a picture but the file size is too big and it was a pain in the butt to fix it but this should give ya a simple way to do it!!

Comment

Working...
            X